Lilypie

Friday, November 18, 2005

Battle With Viruses

I am totally fed up with those men in my house. Our PC has a viral infection, which I already suspected ever since I was not able to get rid of all the viruses last week. My father and brother still insisted on doing things their own ways, and I have no idea what they did or what they downloaded or accessed.

My PC has officially been “possessed” and refuses to obey commands. It is like something inside the PC is controlling its actions. All of a sudden, programs are opening by themselves, the PC is shutting down and restarting by itself, CTRL-ALT-DEL has become the command for starting the email browser, the DEL key is now functioning like the ENTER key, the mouse cursor is moving by itself and opening programs, and browser URLs can type in its own additional letters. Rather scary, come to think of it.

The guy is coming to clean up the PC on early Saturday morning. I wanted him to come today but his schedule is already full. He told me he could only make it on Saturday, to which I said that he has to come in the morning as I will be out the rest of the day. Hopefully the problem is not so bad that I have to reinstall all the programs again. I do not wish to lose any more of my files and data!

1 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Goodness me...

I have never had this happen to me.
Have your family members been surfing 'dubious websites'? O.o

I have never met a PC that behaved like that. Do get the guy to explain what's wrong, and what can be done to prevent a reoccurance.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...