Lilypie

Friday, November 11, 2005

When Your Email Program Finally Went Off Strike

Positive : You can finally access your mails after five days.

Negative : Your inbox is suddenly flooded by close to 200 mails.

Double Negative : About 90% are spam and 70% of that contained viruses and spyware which your anti-virus program is unable to get rid of.

Did I not just installed the newest version of anti-virus when I changed my PC a few months back? Is it obsolete already that I had to manually delete all the threats myself?

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Antivirus has to be updated at least once a week. (I think you can do automatic 'live update'.)

And you need more than just that. I use a free firewall "Prevx" and a free spyware hunter "Spybot". (There maybe other better ones out there, but these 2 has served me fine so far.)

shakespeareheroine said...

Ah thanks for the tip. I used Spybot before on my old PC but the spyware got worse instead. Or perhaps it was my PC that had the problem.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...