Lilypie

Thursday, November 17, 2005

"Lotus Totus" For All

I received a sweet email from my Human Resource department today, congratulating me for being one-month old. What a nice gesture. :-) Has it really been a month already? Time really passes by so fast! Somehow I feel as if I have not been around that long. It seems like I only just joined the company and now, in the twinkling of an eye, it has been a month already. In my previous place, I was there for about two months, yet it felt like a lifetime.

I received a very meaningful e-mail called the “Lotus Totus”, some motivational lessons from the Anthony Robbins organization. I find all the messages very meaningful indeed. I must remember them and try to apply them as I go about my way in life.

1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

2. Marry someone you love to talk to. As you get older, their converstional skills will be as important as any other. (Very true! Exactly what I have been advising my friends and looking for myself!)

3. Do not believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want. (Hmmmm……)

4. When you say, “I love you”, mean it. (YES!!!)

5. When you say, “I am sorry”, look the person in the eye.

6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

7. Believe in love at first sight. (But of course!)

8. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who do not have dreams do not have much. (So stop laughing at my dreams!)

9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it is the only way to live life completely. (Very true indeed!)

10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

11. Do not judge people by their relatives. (My ex-boyfriends should adhere to this.)

12. Talk slowly but think quickly.

13. When someone asks you a question you do not wish to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”

14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

15. Say “bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.

16. When you lose, do not lose the lesson.

17. Remember the three R’s – Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for your actions.

18. Do not let a little dispute injure a great friendship. (Yes! Friendships should have no bounds.)

19. When you realize you have made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice. (Very true indeed, especially for those call center service providers.)

21. Spend some time alone. (Which is what I do half the time!)

3 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Not too bad, although there are 2 problems with number 1.

1. Some people have extremely high expectation.
2. Do this often enough, and it will be taken for granted. (i.e. expectation level has risen)

I do like number 13. though.

Gal: "Do I look fat?"
Gal: "Who is prettier, me or her?"

Guy: "Why do you want to know?"

Anonymous_X said...

13. When someone asks you a question you do not wish to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”

No kidding?! I agree with all but this 13th point.

Personally I find it annoying if one question is answered by another question. If one does not wish to answer (my question), I'll prefer him/her to just tell me so.

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie : haha! That's a good technique to use!

Anon_X : Same here, I'd prefer if someone just tell me if he / she does not wish to answer.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...