Lilypie

Saturday, November 5, 2005

Change Of Name.....

I finally changed my blog name, something I have been contemplating for the past few months. Veni, Vidi, Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered! Famous words of Julius Caesar whenever his legionaries went galloping and winning battles all around the world.

But why this? There were a few choices. I wanted Cogito Ergo Sum, but that has been taken up already. I wanted a phrase that is more powerful, not just any simple phrases. So which phrase can be more powerful than a famous phrase spoken by probably one of the greatest leaders throughout history?

Thus I settled on this. I came - I started blogging. I saw - I read and was inspired by the stuff written by my fellow bloggers. And I conquered - well, not really, although I have more readers, but still not up to the level of the more famous bloggers. I have met a few readers who have become my friends, and next thing I hope is to be able to "conquer" a nice guy, and hopefully my blog can "conquer" the rest of the world as well.

So Veni Vidi Vici - look out world! Here I come!

4 comments:

Cowboy Caleb said...

how about:

Apre Moi, Le Deluge.

shakespeareheroine said...

After me the flood? No no, too powerful, too powerful.

Anonymous_X said...

I prefer the old name better.

The title of "Veni Vidi Vici", then followed by the tag lines of "Confessions of a die-hard chocoholic..." just doesn't sound right. :\

shakespeareheroine said...

I agree, which is why I changed the tagline too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...