Lilypie

Friday, November 18, 2005

Cold Shoulder On A Cold Day

My mum gave me an early Christmas present last night. It was a unique watch she bought. The numbers of the watch are all jumbled up and do not run in sequence. So 8 o’clock on the watch can be 2 o’clock, 7:45 can be 4:15 and 6 o’clock can be 9 o’clock on a normal watch interface. It is nice and special, and a little confusing at first, but after further observations, I can more or less tell the time on the watch already.

It had been two very cold days. The weather has really been bad lately. It can rain the whole day, then get so hot and sunny the next. No wonder so many of my colleagues are sick, and I feel myself coming down with sniffles and an itchy throat. Probably it was due to being caught in the rain on Wednesday and splashed by the rain yesterday. Oh no, I cannot get sick now, not with a weekend coming up that I am looking forward to.

I blasted at another fellow on Wednesday. He was the same irritant that got me so pissed some time back. I thought he had disappeared for good, then he called me again. Why do some guys just not get it, no matter how direct I put it across? Yet other guys can get the hint even if I put it across so subtly. Obviously the second type is the type I will prefer to befriend.

Anyway that guy kept calling me, and worse was that he called me so many times, at every five-minute intervals. I refused to pick up the phone. Then he kept calling until in the end I just answered to tell him off and put an end to this once and for all.

Me : If I do not pick up, stop calling!

He : Huh? I thought you could not pick up on time, so keep calling. Anyway remember me?

Me : Unfortunately. You can be turned to ash and I can still recognize you.

He : Really? You like me so much?

(How dense is this fellow?!)

Me : Look, I cannot talk to you now. Besides, I do not wish to hear from you again as I really cannot stand you, and I am in the rain in the middle of the road on my way home. So please leave me alone.

He : Erh…. did you get me mixed-up with someone else?

(How much more direct can I get?! Which part does he not understand?)

Me : No, I did not mix you up with someone else. I really cannot stand you so please just stop bothering me!

He : Oh ok. But will you call me later?

(I just hung up. Luckily he never called me back and I hope for goodness sake he will not!)

What a pity I just renewed my mobile contract half a year ago, so I cannot change my number. But if I change my number, then I will not be able to find another number just as nice. I just have to hope that some people finally get the message and leave me alone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi wow what a persistence guy....must have like you very much to be so persistent ya....lucky you;-)

Huh in that case, can you also send me a direct sms if you also dont want to see me again keke as I am not as thick-skinned as your friend lah.

You know where to sms to right....
well hope I dont received any sms then......just me, david

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...