Lilypie

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Fated? Or Not?

Life is so ironic sometimes. It may be a dog-eat-dog world, but then there are many people whose riches grow because they "swallow" others' companies and businesses, at times unscrupulously. Then there are others who spend their lifetimes being good and die poor.

Not that material riches are anything because when a person passes away, how ever much riches he has accumulated, he cannot bring any of them along. But fate is just so twisted at times to let someone bad have such good deals and someone good to struggle. Although I guess the important thing is that the punishment will be after death, not in life.

Fate also twists in some other ways. For instance, you may fall for a person, only to find that his / her friends are better, then you wonder why you fell for that person in the first place. This will be a bit more tricky if you are in a relationship. Like when I was with my third ex, he seemed to be the best among his friends, but later on, I realise his godbrother is actually better. Sometimes when you make a choice, shall you stick to it or be true to yourself if you really want to be happy?

Like when I fell for that certain someone. We have mutual friends, and I got to know a few of his friends. But upon reflecting, now I wonder why I fell for him in the first place? Perhaps because of his intelligence and wit. But other than that, there are certain requirements which are not quite there, so it is good to keep him as a friend but no further. Now as I observe, I find a few of his friends even better and meet more of my criterias than him.

Will I be fickle then if I change my target? But in the first place, we were never in a relationship, and now that I have finally let go, there should not be anything wrong if I am to fall for someone else, even if I end up falling for his friend or whatever. Anyway, it is not as if I have a real target to aim at, just a few "under consideration", whom I deem may be potential enough.

Sometimes one meets the right person at the wrong time, or the wrong person at the right time. As I reflect back on my life, I have often met wrong people at the right time, but the right person appeared at the wrong time. When I finally made the decision to enter a relationship, it was somehow mostly with the wrong person, but at the time when I could commit. Yet when I finally met the right person, it was just such bad timing that we could not go any further. Is Fate then playing a trick on us?

Some people call it Fate, others call it God's Will, still others call it being in the right place at the right time, but whatever it is, for people to be able to get together, even as friends and later on as partners, I believe a certain amount of this element is involved. A lot depends on one's destiny on how his / her life will turn out.

Sometimes I wonder if one's destiny has already been settled and the future is yet to come. Or is my life coming to a standstill? I am hurting so much inside, being disillusioned from my recent string of bad luck. If one is single and unattached, the only thing one can look forward to is a good career, yet I cannot even achieve that.

I thought 2003 was the worst year of my life, but this year seems to top it. It is hard to remain positive when everytime I get positive and happy with my life, something happens. Is it my destiny for my life to be in limbo like this, never getting any better?

7 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

Fate? God's Will? I think it's just a convenient way of saying that one lacks initiative to exercise one's own free will.

Anonymous said...

paige_ly@yahoo.com


hi i was happended to dig yer blog site...n found tt ye way of viewing in certain matter is COOL...

Fated? Or Not?

Yea....Something I learned here lately was it's not up to you to discover what we should do, but rather what we should be. Things will eventually fall in place. Before you go and set out to do sumpin' you gotta define you and what you value.

Things aren't as promising as i had hoped for the year to be too, and i've been out and under the wheather every now and then.

Likewise i am totally agreed with ye that at tymes, we tend to meet the right person at the wrong time, or the wrong person at the right time.

i am into a situation as yours too--- "When I finally made the decision to enter a relationship, it was somehow mostly with the wrong person, but at the time when I could commit. Yet when I finally met the right person, it was just such bad timing that we could not go any further"...

But I still believe in deciding things will be good luck…and it is only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found…

AND OF WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FR MY DAD LATELY WAS; “always be prepared to live by the decisions you made and do not be tempted by other feelings (curiosity, security and etc) except rationality”…

GOOD LUCK :)

Anonymous said...

paige_ly@yahoo.com

LOVE CODE...
* Θ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ X Y Z

* ? Ф < Œ Φ > Ώ Ψ ά β ……?

hi it is me again Paige ---I read a very interesting book regarding the code of love, and I think that there are some good ideas in these sets of rules. It's also interesting to see how our ideas about love have changed with time (OK, so we don't exactly have the idea of courtly love around anymore, but still)...

Marriage is no real excuse for not loving. He who is not jealous cannot love. No one can be bound by a double love. It is well known that love is always increasing or decreasing. That which a lover takes against the will of his beloved has no relish. Boys do not love until they reach the age of maturity. When one lover dies, a widowhood of two years is required of the survivor. No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons. No one can love unless he is propelled by the persuasion of love. Love is always a stranger in the home of avarice. It is not proper to love any woman whom one would be ashamed to seek to marry. A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved. When made public love rarely endures. The easy attainment of love makes it of little value: difficulty of attainment makes it prized. Every lover regularly turns pale in the presence of his beloved. When a lover suddenly catches sight of his beloved his heart palpitates. A new love puts an old one to flight. Good character alone makes any man worthy of love. If love diminishes, it quickly fails and rarely revives. A man in love is always apprehensive. Real jealousy always increases the feeling of love. Jealousy increases when one suspects his beloved. He whom the thought of love vexes eats and sleeps very little. Every act of a lover ends in the thought of his beloved. A true lover considers nothing good except what he thinks will please his beloved. Love can deny nothing to love. A lover can never have enough of the solaces of his beloved. A slight presumption causes a lover to suspect his beloved. A man who is vexed by too much passion usually does not love. A true lover is constantly and without intermission possessed by the thought of his beloved. Nothing forbids one woman being loved by two men or one man by two women.

ThamPs said...

Must the two things we look forward to in life be only good career and a man?

There are other things to look forward to! Like mastering another skill, the next social gathering that you'll be attending, the next dinner outing that you're gonna have with family and friends, meeting new people, gaining more life experiences...

Only 2 things? This cannot be.

and I don't really believe in fate or destiny, i think your life is up to you to live. You can decide for every situation what you want to make out if it, whether positive or negative.

Just some thoughts...

shakespeareheroine said...

Anon_X : Perhaps one should exercise one's free will when the time comes to make certain choices, but on the other hand, what determines the choice you make? And how would you know you may not end up making a wrong choice that you may later regret in life?

Paige : Thanks for the kind words! And I totally agree with you on the love part, which book did you read anyway?

Thamps : Of course the two things are not just career and love, just examples I stated. But I guess I'm at the stage of my life now where I tend to focus more on things which I am lacking. Of course I look forward to next fun social gathering, the family outings, and I have picked up certain skills and looking forward to learning more.... but bottom line is that at least I know I have a stable career and a secure love life, my life would not be so empty (not saying that it is that empty right now because I do have good and wonderful friends), and I would at least know I am going somewhere and progressing to the next stage of my life.

Anonymous_X said...

No. We should exercise our free will everytime we are faced with choices.

What determines the choice we make? Why, we ourselves, of course.

So we make a wrong choice? So what? Rectify it. Still, it's much better than not making a choice at all. The mess that was caused by making a wrong choice could be seen as a price for knowing for sure afterwards which choice is the right one.

Anonymous said...

paige_ly@yahoo.com

It was "by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face- You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

when i was young i know a boy who worked as a shopkeeper...his name is Samuel, he is no genious...but i like him - i like the way he handles each endive like a precious object to be treated with care...it is his way of showing his love of good work...

...instead i cultivate a taste for small pleasure... - dipping my hand into sacks of grain or skimmy stone on the lake ---Aha!

All i can say is the best is not yet to come. so keep on trying Celia!

Nothing is ever for sure, that’s the only sure thing I do know…


Shakespeareheroine:

you know, I have been into Shakepeare and Jane Austen since young thou...
and the "love code" book ai, iam sorry that i can't recall who is the author, i was happened to read it over a friend's place during my visiting in HK...so i dig some of its contents which was quite stimulating ai :)

i think often people are searchin for intimacy...and need to be loved, to be felt, to be touched, some sort of manifestation of love. Intimacy is absolutely essential or we are all goin insane...it is about how we need each other!

van Gogh once said a beautiful thing - the best way to love life is to love many things ~ isnt that nice? :)

And if you wanna know what kinda lover you are, listen to how many tymes during a day you say - "i hate this..." i hate that..." rather than " i love." n so on...

Cheers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...