Lilypie

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Bundle Of Nerves ....

Happy Mother's Day for all the wonderful mothers out there! My own mother has flown to Turkey last night, but I bought her a cake on my way back from work on Friday. So I spent the day revising for my examinations which will be on Tuesday and Thursday, and I am a bundle of nerves now!

I am still rather annoyed at the shallowness of some people, that they stereotype just like that. When I told someone what I am studying, he remarked it would be easy, as all I need to do was read and that is it. Erh... what makes anyone think it is so easy?

The person then said, Arts subjects just need to read, if its difficult, then how come those who could not go anywhere else end up in the Arts faculty? Whoa, I really felt like blowing up after I heard that! Anyone who thinks arts and humanities are easy, has never taken these subjects at a higher level!

Anyone who has knows it is not easy! Granted it may not have difficult problems to solve and analyse unlike science-based subjects, but that does not mean it is just mere reading and memorising! Unlike science-based subjects, there is no right or wrong answer, it depends on how someone analyse the question, brings forth the points, and come up with a convincing argument and conclusion. Not everyone can achieve that, because it takes someone with very in-depth knowledge of the content and subject in order to even come up with a convincing answer!

So the conclusion is perhaps I am still not well-read enough, that is why my grades are not up to par? I need to do some real reflection of my studies after the examination. Meanwhile, I need to go back to slogging again. No more updates until after my examination!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...