Lilypie

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Little Things Form Impressions

I admit I am not an easy person when it comes to certain things I really care about, like my family, things I am passionate about. Strangely, I do not seem to put in the same kind of attitude in my job. I mean, I try my best at my job, I do my work well (at least I hope so), but I am not the perfectionist kind when it comes to my job. I do not nitpick over every little miniscule matter.

Yet when it comes to choosing my life partner, my expectations are really high indeed. My rationale is that in the event I change my job, with my qualifications and experience, I should be able to find another one relatively easily. But it is not the case with a life partner, as it is, well, for life. One does not change a partner like how one changes a job. And I owe it to my future family to have the best.

So I do admit my expectations are very high. I do nitpick over very minor stuff. For instance, if a person gets my name wrong, despite exchanging emails and messages for a while, I will get irritated, because that shows me that he is probably not even interested enough to get my name right.

And those who think I should never speak my mind because I am a girl and should be quiet in front of the guy, are those I never want to associate with again. Those who never remembers what I tell them are also those whom I never want to be with.

No doubt all these can be very minor things, but I always feel that if the person is really interested in someone, he / she will pay attention to what the other person says, have exchange of ideas and not a one-sided conversation, be interested in the person's life, share knowledge and communicate, instead of suppressing or being overly critical.

Yes, people can say I am kicking up a big fuss, but the truth is that little things do matter. It is the little things that form good impressions, that make a person interested. There is no use saying about future planning if one cannot even get the other party interested in the first place.

True, my expectations are high, I do nitpick, but the fact is I have met guys who meet up. I have mentioned before, I am not looking for someone drop dead gorgeous, or filthy rich, or even someone who shares all my interests, just someone who is smart, articulate and knowledgeable, and confident, and who shows enough interest, attention and commitment to want to be with me despite family background, upbringing, qualifications, interests and lifestyle.

Someone I can talk to about anything and everything with no reservations, without the fear of being put down or suppressed. I know what I state may scare a lot of people off, but then since I have met those who meet up, why must I then waste my time on those who do not? I believe there are still people out there who meet up, I just have to keep looking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...