Lilypie

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Pre-Mother's Day Barbecue

We went to my aunt's place for a family gathering-cum-barbecue, to commemorate Mother's Day next week, as well as to celebrate my aunt's sixtieth birthday. My younger cousin brought along her new boyfriend, so this is the first time we are meeting him.

Seeing how he behaves, ie helping to light the fire, cooking the food, serving the elders, taking care of her younger sisters, cleaning and tidying up, reminds me of the time when I first got to know my elder cousin-in-law. He is also another guy who takes care of her family very well.

Come to think of it, none of the guys I have been with had ever been like this. Rather, they were always put off by my big family and the frequent family gatherings. But actually, if the guy really wants to be with me, he will want to get on good terms with my family members, extended or not.

Seeing how my cousin-in-law and now my cousin's boyfriend behave towards my family members make me realise that that is the kind of guy I want - someone responsible, nice, caring and committed enough to blend in with my family and take care of them. Only a confident and secure guy will do that, family background notwithstanding.

So just give me a poised, confident, articulate, smart, secure, responsible and committed man, who is willing to give to my family as much as he gives to me, and vice versa. Now that is a relationship I like and always crave for. Question is, when will I be able to find someone like that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...