Lilypie

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thoughts During A Long Weekend

Is it just me, since my body is breaking down again, or is the weather really unbearably, intolerably hot the past couple of days? The moment I turned off the air-conditioning and opened the windows, a whiff of hot air comes streaming in, making the entire room hot and humid. How I wish we can go to New Zealand right now, at least it will be much cooler, and I may even get to see some snow! What a pity my mum cannot make another trip until around end of the year. By then it will be summer there and all I see is green, green and more green again.

I was talking with my cousin last night, and she, too, does not seem to have a good impression of local guys per se. She said she came across a lot of guys who are just weird. On one hand, they want to be attached, on the other hand, they behave in a way that put girls off. For instance, there is this guy who likes the feminine ladylike and educated kind of girl with intellect, but yet expects her to be submissive, not speak her mind and go along with what he says or does.

How can there be the best of both worlds? I am not saying that educated or intelligent girls will not be submissive or demure, I believe they will be, but at the same time, they do speak their own minds and have their own thinking instead of listening to the guy all the time, even when he is not that right.

She also remarked that many guys she came across, they do not know how to behave properly to a girl. For instance, they do not see a girl home after a date, or pay for the girl willingly. I do not need someone to pay for me all the time, but as a lady myself, I like to be well-treated too. I do appreciate chivalry and gentlemanliness, and having a good time at a date, instead of worrying whether the place is to the guy's liking.

Like what my best friend once said, if the guy is not generous on the first date, it is unlikely he will give others a good impression, whether he is someone that can be reliable and dependable. First impressions do still matter. I admit that. Those guys I have liked they all treated me very well on a first date, but in the first place, they are pretty decent people if I even agree to meet up with them.

It is after the impression on a first date that one decides whether to go on a second date. I admit I am still somewhat traditional, I still like the feeling of being chased and wooed, being dated in style and having a good time. It does not mean have to go high class all the way, but it means just having a great time with a great company, instead of someone picking on every little thing I do or say. Essentially I just want to be myself when out with people, rather than being uncomfortable. It is no fun if you have to keep watching yourself and your behaviour instead of enjoying yourself thoroughly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...