Lilypie

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Lady Of Few Words? - Not!

I just finished an intense phone conversation with someone, and his comment was that I seem to be a lady of few words. Erh... really? I agree that in a group or social outing, especially if I am going out with the group for the first time, I tend to be more reserved and not initiate conversation. I guess I am somewhat introverted in this manner, because in a group, everyone can contribute to a conversation. I am not those kind of social butterflies where I can talk to just anyone just like that.

However, in a one on one conversation, or during online chats and email exchanges, it is just me and the other person, so I have to speak up more, or else there will be lulls in the conversation and both will feel uncomfortable. Thus, I am always more comfortable with single dates as compared to group dates.

But I choose who I talk to as well. There are some people I can talk more with, there are some I can chatter non-stop and talk anything and everything with without any reservations. There are also some whom I do not feel that comfortable talking to, so I tend to be quieter when talking to them.

And this was what happened with this person. He just asked me questions, I answered. I did not really contribute to the conversation somewhat, because for some reason, perhaps of a lack of chemistry, I just do not feel comfortable talking to this person. Which is why I was not my usual chatty self.

But to hear him say I am someone of a few words is refreshing indeed. No one has ever described that about me. There have been people describing me as "quiet" especially after a group outing, but to say I am someone of a few words, well, that I do not quite agree. Does anyone know how much I can really talk once I am in the mood and once I find the right people to talk to?

This is another aspect of me which not everyone can accept. Some guys prefer a much quieter girl, some do not mind someone chatty, whereas some will be totally put off by my chattiness. Again, it all boils down to finding the right fit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...