Lilypie

Friday, May 16, 2008

Missing A Groom :-p

That day, at my cousin's wedding reception, I really like the gown she has on. It is a tube dress, A-line skirt, plain and simple design with not much frills and laces. It flatters her figure, at the same time does not seem too heavy or overflowing. Just the kind of gown design I like. I was commenting that her gown is really nice, when my mum, always trying to take the opportunity, told her, in front of me, that she also likes the gown, and hopes to see me in one like that soon. Hmmmm......

In one of my earlier posts, I did mention that I have an idea of how my own wedding will be like. I guess it was because of this that in the end I never did marry someone, because he had his own idea too, and needless to say, our ideas were very different from each other's. I have an idea of the schedule for the day, which church and which venue for the reception. I even have a theme, the kind of dress I like, the decorations involved. All I need now is a groom. :-p

But a dream is just a dream, ideals are just ideals. We may have all the ideals, but in the end, the reality is that things may not turn out the way we envision. At the end of the day, I want a marriage, for life, not just a wedding, for a day.

So, not to dash my mum's hopes and wishes, even though no matter how much I hope to, I do not think I will be getting hitched any time soon. As it is, after the couple of false starts, my social life has gone a real low, with no one of real potential in sight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...