Lilypie

Monday, May 5, 2008

Being Sandwiched

Why do some people just have all the luck? A colleague was just telling me about her relationship. Things are further complicated by the ex, who wanted to get back with her. When she was shifting house the other day, both the ex and the current one went to help her, and they almost got into a scuffle with each other, until she had to chase both of them away. She made herself uncontactable for the weekend, and when she came back to the office on Monday, her emails were flooded with long emails from the two guys, including love poems.

Hmmm... and here I am, hoping for someone to choose but yet no one is in sight, and she has two guys going after her at the same time! And both are all out to compete for her affections. The thing is that both guys love her enough to just willingly do things for her without her doing anything back. She said she could be so wilful, behave like a spoilt princess, get her way all the time, yet both treat her so preciously, splurging on her, giving her expensive clothes, perfume, jewellery and gifts, and bring her out in style.

Not that she is not a nice girl, she is. I just feel that why is it that I am never the wilful type, I am considerate and caring to people, I do not even crave for the high life, just a relatively comfortable life, I do not insist on my way, and I definitely do not need someone to splurge on me or buy me expensive gifts all the time, yet I do not even have anyone ever treating me that way before, let alone having two guys competing for me at the same time!

If I ever make myself uncontactable, people probably will not even notice or care. If I had to shift place, I probably have to do it all on my own, without any help. And if I ever behave in a wilful way, I may just be dropped on the spot. As it is, there are those who are already not comfortable about my kind of upbringing and lifestyle, and having some misguided conclusion that I must be someone rich and famous and used to the high-class life, which I have already said I am not.

No wonder it is getting so hard to find a decent guy nowadays, because some girls have more than one guy going after her, leaving people like me with nothing. Sigh......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...