Lilypie

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hiding Under A Shell?

I have come across quite a number of people older than me, but I have no idea where they have been hiding all their lives. No, I am not stating this in a positive manner. Just the other day, someone asked me for my email address. I told him my original address is under the main service provider, but I recently changed to the one under google.

So he tried using my ISP id but complained he could not get through. He then asked if it was under SINGTEL. So I said yes, to which he said that was what he typed in, but could not get through. Finally I realised he typed in "@singtel.com.sg". Hmmm... does he not know that the domain name under SingTel is "SingNet", and he should type in "@singnet.com.sg" instead?

So I told him to try my google mail. Again, he said the email could not get through. Then I realised he typed in "@google.com", and also tried "@googlemail.com". I almost fainted. Does he not know what google mail is?

Ironically, he claims he is in the Information Technology / Computer Programming line. Yet he does not know?! Any other lay person with an email account knows what I mean when I refer to singtel mail or google mail! It makes me amused sometimes that how people can go by in life like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...