Lilypie

Friday, May 9, 2008

Wedding Reflections Of Thine Relation

I was planning to wear the Kate dress for tomorrow's event, but I just realised it is not feasible anymore. Firstly, I am not able to trim it on time. Secondly, it is too formal for day wear, as the wedding will be a solemnisation in the morning, lunch reception at noon, followed by tea ceremony after that, all at the same venue.

So it will be a rather simple but classy wedding. Thus, I will be wearing the dress which my mum got for me a couple of months back, coupled with a matching pashmina. That dress is at least more suitable for lunch receptions.

This cousin is a government scholar who went to one of the top notch American Ivy League colleges, then came back and worked in a major government body. She met her husband while in college. He is an Indonesian Chinese and currently working in a huge multinational company in Hong Kong. So she took no-pay leave to go with him.

Apparently, they just touched down yesterday, leaving today for a break, then getting married tomorrow, and flying back to Hong Kong on Sunday as he has to report back to work on Monday. I salute them for their energy. Imagine a wedding is already going to take up so much energy, yet they are able to rush everything without a break!

Incidentally, they have been together for eight years now. I always envy those who can stay together, despite the strains of work, starting a career, the changes in each other. I guess if one is really committed, they will want things to work no matter what!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...