Lilypie

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Red Tape

About a month back, I was sick for almost a week. I was initially covered with a sick certificate for the first two days, then since I was still not that well, I went to see the doctor again on the third day and was covered as well.

I remember I was out sick from 14 to 17 April. The first sick certificate covered me for the period of 14 to 15 April, the second 16 April and then 17 April. Two weeks ago, my Human Resource Executive said that they were not able to decipher the doctor's writing on my first certificate, as they could not make out whether it was "two" days or "three" days, and could not make out whether it was "15" or "16".

So I was given a copy of the certificate, and had to go back to the clinic to ask the doctor to endorse on the certificate. Unfortunately, the doctor was away for the past two weeks. When my dad helped me to go to the clinic yesterday, the clinic was closed. What a series of unlucky coincidences!

Now my Human Resource Executive is blaming me for taking such a long time to give her the endorsement. Is it my fault if the doctor was not around, and there is only one doctor in the clinic, and the one covering her when she was away did not dare to endorse on the copy? Luckily my dad agreed to go down again today, so hopefully this is settled soon!

Honestly, I was covered on the 16th too, so I do not see why the certificate needed to be endorsed since there is another sick certificate covering me! But just because it is company policy, there is no going around the system. Oh well ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...