Lilypie

Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Additional Instrument

I will be going for a trial cello recital next week. I believe most will remark, "Cello?" Yes, cello. That is my latest addition to the kind of instruments I like to play. People know I have been dabbling with the piano and electone, as well as the recorder for a while, and in recent years, with the violin and flute too. The latest is now cello. So how did I get into it, considering I never really considered playing such a heavy instrument until very recently?

It started a few months back, when I was out for dinner with my best friend and a friend of hers. As all of us play the piano (somewhat), we were discussing a perfect complement to the piano. We started going from violin to flute to voice to cello, then started comparing between the various instruments. That friend said he would like to take up the cello because somehow he feels fit to play the cello.

Then when I started taking additional lessons at the music school, the people there did ask if I want another instrument, in addition to those I already have or plan to take. At that moment, I said no as I did not want to be too swarmed. However, the church ensemble that I am joining need cellists and asked if I was able to play. Thus I decided to give it a go. Since I am already learning so many, an additional one will not matter. Besides, what greater joy making music than with classical instruments?

Thus the trial recital. I have no idea how it will turn out and whether I will confirm taking the cello as an additional instrument, but we shall see how it goes from there.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...