Lilypie

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Time To Indulge ....

In everything, there is a season. I remember one of the songs playing in the "Forrest Gump" movie, about a time for everything. Yes, there is a time to work, a time to play, a time to love, a time to kill (erh... no, I don't mean that literally!). There is a time to travel, a time to stay put.

Likewise, in fashion and trends, there is a season too. And this seems on-going, because the fashions change after every season or so. A guy just has it so easy, there are only that few articles of clothing he can wear, and all he needs is to mix and match and coordinate them properly, and he can wear a suit to the office, and then just remove the jacket and he can go out and have fun.

It is different for a lady. She has to make sure everything coordinates. Besides making sure she dresses for the right occasion and venue, she has to ensure her accessories are matching too. In other words, the clothes match the shoes, the bag, the jewellery and the makeup. She must also have clothes that can seem fit to wear to the office, as well as not too stuffy for a night out after that.

Which is why girls, despite the number of clothes they have, they will never have anything to wear! This is also why they take such a long time to dress up and get ready, especially for a hot date, or a night out with their partners. Afterall, we all want to look good, and we want to look the best for the guys we are with!

But there is a time for fashion too. For instance, when I was younger, there are more clothes I can take. I ended up in casual wear most of the time, especially on campus. As I progress in age, I start to wear dresses, and clothes that are not too dowdy yet retains the youthful flavour.

After all, in another few more years, I cannot dress like how I dress now, or when I was younger, so I have to take the chance to wear whatever I like before age catches up. Nobody likes to see someone middle-aged dressing like a teenager!

Recently, I came across two interesting websites, both selling clothes. The first one has a more girlish flavour, fit for people in their twenties, even for someone like me. The designs are sweet, youthful and not too outlandish. And the prices are very reasonable! I bought a couple of tops and skirts there that I can wear for both work and play.

The second one targets younger girls. Still, it does not stop me from buying a couple of tops and dresses there as well. The prices are also pretty reasonable. That day at the grooming workshop, the image consultant recommended us another shop that sells clothes with a touch of vintage yet a modern feel to them. The clothes there are more fitting for people my age, but much more pricey too!

Clothes are never complete without accessories. A few months back, when I was looking for necklaces, I came across this site on original handcrafted jewellery, where they display their products on their blog. The accessories there look really quaint and intricate that I simply could not resist and bought one to match my New Year dress.

These people are enterprising indeed! They can turn their hobbies and passions to prosperities. I guess they must be earning quite a bit from just the online business alone! I have not shopped for almost a year, so I believe I am entitled to some indulgence now and then. What better way to shop than at the confines of one's home instead of pushing amongst the crowd in a shopping mall? Oh well, I am but a typical girl - a girl and her clothes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...