Lilypie

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Desperados

Lately I am asking myself this question : Why is it that I know so many nice decent guys yet none of them ever ask me out? The only people who ask me out (even after so many rejections) are those that I do not wish to go out with. Is it because of how I look? Am I so awful-looking that I only attract weirdos?

It just happened again this week. Just when I got rid of one pesky fellow, another not-as-pesky-but-equally-weird fellow tried to get me out. It was rather surprising as I had indicated that I am not interested in going out with him about few months back, so I thought he had disappeared from my life. Apparently he just resurfaced again last week.

I was rushing so many things at work last week when he called me. I was so taken aback to hear from him. He asked if I was busy, so I said I was busy thus could not talk to him. Then he asked me if I was at work, and I answered of course I was at work. He asked if I could meet him since he bought a new vehicle so I said that I did not think I like to meet him. Why do guys think girls will swoon the moment they hear he has a car?

Anyway he called me again earlier this week, and I said I am now jobless so would be looking for a job, and besides, I already said I did not wish to meet him. He remarked that since I am jobless why would I still not be free to meet him? Is this guy too thick or what?! Which part of "I do not wish to meet you" does he not understand?!

No doubt I am looking around for more friends and hopefully a potential mate, but I am not so desperate to just hook up with any Tom, Dick or Harry that comes my way. Why do these pricks always assume I like to be controlled according to what they want? They are nobodies to me, why should I even agree to meet them or cater my schedule according to theirs? No wonder they never had a girlfriend. And also no wonder they are now so desperate to just get any girl off the streets.

7 comments:

sen said...

Heheh.. if you have a lot of nice friends and you wonder why they never ask you out, may be you can give them signal or even initiate the conversation =)

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, Celia.....wow after reading your blog huh, I also dare hot ask you out already leh as I am not thick-skinned one you know....so sms me if you are free to go out okie.....I dare not invite already lah keke;-)

Live, Laugh & Love, rgds

Anonymous_X said...

Why is it that I know so many nice decent guys yet none of them ever ask me out?

Because the thing with nice decent guys (the same could apply to girls, I reckon) is that they mostly are not aware that they nice & decent.

Want to do an experiment? Tell one of your nice decent (guy) friends that you think he's a nice decent fellow.

He'll likely to be surprised.

shakespeareheroine said...

Sen : Really? After recent experiences, I'm a bit scared to initiate anything already. Dunno how guys will react.

shakespeareheroine said...

Anon_X : Really? Ok perhaps I try it out. Just have to find someone to try it out on.

sen said...

of course.. you can do it in more subtle way.. not like directly ask the guy out.... Venusian are better at this I supposed =)

shakespeareheroine said...

Sen : More subtle way? Hmmmm.... have to really think through what to do best.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...