Lilypie

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Winds Of Change...

I cannot believe I have to be in bed almost the whole day due to gastric flu. Why do I always get sick at the wrong time?! Perhaps it is my retribution for being totally mean last night by giving that guy a piece of my mind. I as much as told him what I thought of him, and said I do not like to be insulted this way, and that for all my life, no one has ever accused me of ever toying with anyone's feelings or shown me downright disrespect like the way he did, and he should first change his attitude towards others before he could even ask others to change their attitudes towards him. Now that I am feeling so uncomfortable, it must be a punishment for shooting my big mouth off and offending others again.

Things at home are changing now that the end of the year is approaching. Our Mitsubishi refrigerator just broke down yesterday, so I could not have a single piece of ice to go with my drink, our toaster spoilt so I could not even toast a single piece of bread and have to resort to using the sandwich maker. My dad replaced the fridge with an even bigger one today, and I heard my parents are going to change the car as the COE prices are dropping drastically.

Strange, our car is only slightly more than three years, yet they want to change. If they are to start buying a new car, why not buy one for me? My mum is thinking of changing to a Camry. I was half hoping she would change to a Beetle, but she said a Beetle is not practical for the family. A Camry will be bigger and able to take more people.

Since new things are replacing the old, perhaps this is a good time to reflect on changing myself. I should adopt a new image for a new job. Therefore I am going to revamp myself first by finally getting a haircut. I know I have said I will never cut my hair, but I have to trim it now as lately, I am starting to notice split ends. I will not cut it off short, but at least to an even length around chest level. And I hope my hairstylist knows what to do to let my hair remains straight instead of curling up again.

Next I will buy a new pair of pumps and mules suitable to wear to work. Then I will clean my tote bag so it looks professional for work. And if time and resources allow, I may indulge in a facial, manicure and pedicure session too.

All these changes to myself marks a new beginning - hopefully the start of a new career, and a new person in conjunction with turning another year older. I have to enjoy my last days being younger and await my growing older in another less than ten days' time. I always countdown whenever October approaches, although through the years it is getting more and more depressing. But this year marks certain changes, in career, in status, in activities, and hopefully in sensibility, I actually feel excited counting down and welcoming new challenges and trying to live each day to the fullest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi congrats for getting your new job ya....and wow wow wow you surely have very interesting life episodes ya...from family to friends to jobs....huh what else huh???

Yes, it is good that you decide to change as change is defintely inevitable in life.....someone said that only people in the cemetary dont change (keke got it)

Well, hope our dinner date is still on ya.....and pls reject me but dont sue me okie;-)

Live, Laugh & Love.....rgds

shakespeareheroine said...

Erh... my life interesting? Hahaha! I consider my life so much more boring as compared to my friends' already.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...