Lilypie

Saturday, October 29, 2005

To Accept Or Reject An Invitation

A close friend, who also happens to be the best friend of my third ex, invited me for a Deepavali celebration at his place. This was actually considered a tradition since he had been throwing Deepavali parties at his place and I have been going for the past few years. I am just happy that he still considered me enough of a friend to continue inviting me, despite what happened.

By right I should go. It is an honour that he is inviting me along to join his family and friends for a celebration. Besides, he just ended his very first relationship and I wanted to be sure he would be alright.

In that case, why am I having second thoughts? One main reason is that my third ex and his parents will be there. It is ok seeing him, but now his parents still stick to their opinions that I caused their precious only son so much grieve and suffering, it will be rather awkward seeing them, not to mention the uncomfortable feeling which my ex and my friend will have. The last thing I want is for my ex to be caught in between me and his parents, and to spoil the day for my friend.

On the other hand, it is my friend inviting me. He has every right to invite whoever he likes to invite, so I will be going to his place as his guest, not to see anything or for anyone. Besides, if I do not go, will his parents not have more excuses to pick on me? With parents like these, is it any wonder why some local guys get too pampered, sheltered, not able to be fully independant from their parents and still think everyone has to treat them like kings?

2 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

The last thing I want is for my ex to be caught in between me and his parents, and to spoil the day for my friend.

Fret not, since it is your friend who invites you, let him handle the potentially awkward situation.

shakespeareheroine said...

Hopefully that's the case. But still can't help feeling awkward and uncomfortable though.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...