Lilypie

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My Long-Distance Lover....

My mum just insulted me big time. She bought some sort of abdominiser / stomach massager, and asked me to use it. What a straight in-your-face humiliation! By my own mother, no less! Am I really getting so obviously round? At least my clothes still fit. So she thinks I am overweight? Fine! I will revert back to my twenty-three inch waist and XS-sized clothes, then she will start to complain I am too petite.

I just received good news that my "hunny" is coming back this Christmas, with his beloved sweetie-pie. I am always so excited whenever my "hunny" is in town. I met up with both of them early this year when they came for a wedding. It was her first trip to Singapore, so I brought them shopping and even lent her my departmental store cards so she could shop for the appropriate clothes for the wedding.

There are three of us of the same age, me being the eldest born in October, my "hunny" the second born in November, and the one that got married the youngest born in December. As it is, the youngest one got married the earliest, as is always the case, but I guess that is due to the fact that his wife is almost three years older than him. My "hunny" will soon follow I guess, probably in a couple more years or so.

My "hunny" is special in that he is the first guy that ever got to hold my hand, put his arms around my shoulders when we went out, the first guy I picked up and sent off at the airport whenever he was shuttling back and forth, the first guy I went clubbing with, first guy I watched a movie with, the first guy that ever hugged and kissed me (on the cheeks), and the first guy I ever slept on the same bed with. Even my ex-boyfriends knew to leave me alone whenever my "long-distance lover" is back in town.

He taught me how to play tennis and how to swim, and I taught him whatever I could manage of the Chinese language and how to read Chinese characters. One thing he had tried to teach me which I have never been able to master is cycling. I am still trying to learn how to cycle, so I can surprise him next time he comes back, but never got down to it.

We are each other's confidantes and pen-pals, corresponding through mail and e-mail as and when we could find the time. We were each other's first crushes at the tender adolescent age when puppy love existed. But that was just a passing phase, and we are still close to each other.

My "hunny" is the most perfect human specimen one can ever lay eyes on. Having been born and bred in Sydney, he looks neither Chinese nor Caucasian, somewhere in between, has a swimmer's bod (due to all the swimming and rugby playing throughout school), a degree in Physiotherapy from the University of New South Wales, well-travelled with a sense of humour, and has backpacked round Europe, South America, Australia and Asia.

THE perfect guy for me. Good-looking, athletic, smart, knowledgeable, with a sense of humour, caring, a great personality, fun to be with, responsible and committed. Why is it that such a perfect guy can only be someone I grow up with but can never be mine? Why is it whenever there is someone perfect for me, yet we can never be together?

Of course, my "hunny" is not the only one coming back. His entire family, which includes his parents, his elder brother and sister-in-law, and his younger brother, will all be coming back to spend the Christmas with us. I am really looking forward to it. They always spice out our lifestyles whenever they come here, and I get to hang out with them as long as I like and stay out as long as I like, and even spend the night with them.

Normally they will come for about two weeks at the most, but I get to enjoy my "hunny's" company and thoroughly enjoy myself. This time his sweetie-pie is coming again, so I have to figure out where to bring them. Her last visit here was very short-lived as they came just for the wedding, but now that they are going to stay a little longer, I have to bring them places.

So, any of you figured out just who my "hunny" is yet? Or shall I say figured out his relationship to me yet? ;-p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...