Lilypie

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Phone-itis?

I just came back from chorus practice for the Christmas concert. The chorus under Miss Jennifer Tham is really different! She is more jolly and patient, so under her, we can sing without much stress. And she allows us to be more leisurely too, so it is quite fun under her. Not to mention that the poor Sonic was the solo Bass today, although he did a pretty good job! See? Told you we needed your voice!

My dad can be sooooooo troublesome at times! Whenever he is overseas, he will not call back unless absolutely necessary as he claims that it is very expensive calling here from overseas. Has he heard of "collect call" then? Because of this, he will always send me a message first and leave his number for my mum to call him.

The reason he does this is because although all of us have mobile phones, I am the one that utilises it the most. My mum never uses her phone unless absolutely necessary, so even if people call or message her, she may never answer or check her messages. As for my brother, his phone will be perpetually off whenever he is at home or in school, so it is almost impossible to get hold of him. One wonders why he needs a mobile phone for?

Unfortunately, my dad almost always sends me messages at the wrong time. Most of the time when I get his messages, I will be either out, in the movie theatre, at chorus practice or some place noisy where I cannot hear the phone. As a result, he is always angry with me because of that. He said that if he messages me and asks for my mum to call him at a certain time, it means that he is only free at that moment, so I must get my mum to call him immediately.

What am I, a twenty-four hour messaging service? If he needs my mum so urgently, why does he not call back collect? We are the ones incurring the charges, and even if we call overseas, we will still be incurring the charges. Besides, sometimes even if I told my mum, she will be too busy or tired to call my dad. Then when I am out, if I call my mum and tell her to call my dad, I will also get a lecture from her about still being out and why I am not home yet. Either way I lose out.

So now I cannot be bothered anymore. Every time I receive a message from my dad nowadays, I will just forward it on to my brother and my mum, then reply to him that I have already told my mum, and consider my job as done. Whatever happens next it is not my concern anymore.

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Good policy.

I was once an 'in-betweener' for my Bro and my Dad, using SMS.

My Bro kept on asking my Dad to call him, my Dad kept on refusing without wanting to tell the reason, and asked my Bro to wait till he get back to Indonesia.

No more.

shakespeareheroine said...

Irritating right? Can't they get the message across themselves? It's as if we have nothing better to do than to be their messengers.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...