Lilypie

Monday, October 3, 2005

Scolded For Nothing....

Why do I like creating trouble for myself? I messaged a few of my friends, including my third ex, asking for contacts for job offers. My third ex called me last night, but I missed the call. Thus, I called him back on his mobile. How was I to know his dad would pick up his mobile? I know his parents are still sore at me for ending things. Honestly, even my mum never said anything when this relationship ended, why would his parents kick up such a big fuss, especially since it had been some time now?

Anyway since I felt awkward talking to his father as he already said his father was not happy when we were talking on the phone once, I just asked for him politely. His dad said he was out of the room and asked if I wanted to leave my name. So I said it was alright, I could call back later on. Is there anything wrong with that? A lot of my friends do that too when they called me!

The next thing I knew, my ex and I bumped into each other online and he started scolding me for being rude to his dad! I said I still asked for him politely when I could have just hung up and I did not leave my name as I know his father's attitude so did not want to cause anymore trouble. But he said his dad recognised my voice so was angry why I still called and never bothered to greet him, and even threatened to cut off his mobile line so I would not call him again!

I was totally bewildered. I said in that case may as well cut off the landline so I would not call him anywhere. And I would never allow my parents to say anything about my friends. I asked him whether what I did was really wrong, and in the end he had to admit it was nothing wrong even if I did not want to leave my name, but his dad was just being difficult.

Does he think I like to get scolded for nothing? Why does he always just listen to what his parents say without asking me for clarification? It is alright listening to parents, but why must he jump to conclusion just because of what his dad said to him? Now that his parents are unhappy with me for ending things, he takes it that I am the bad one. Does he even know me at all?!

He told me later that while he was chatting with me his dad was looking over his shoulder, that is why he had to tell me off. Can you believe this?! So he thinks I have no feelings then? That I enjoyed to be scolded for nothing? Just when I thought I can at least talk to one of my ex-boyfriends amicably and remain friends this had to happen. Sometimes I wonder why he did not just get his parents' utmost approval and scrutiny first before he even started out with me since everything he did had to go through their approvals.

I cannot believe that for someone almost thirty he still lets his parents run his life and dictate everything for him. Does he not have a life of his own?! Being filial and respectful is good, but this is going overboard. I feel one should not be so scared of the parents until you cannot live a life of your own. And it is certainly not desirable to let your parents put down your friends in front of you.

I finally told him if he ever think of having another girlfriend, better let his parents scrutinise her first and get their approval. And if things do not work out, make sure he emphasised to his parents that it was he who wanted to end things. Do not let another girl take the same type of nonsense as I did.

Someone just said that I seemed to have slim down a lot judging from my latest photo. Good news, but was I very fat in the first place? Then I better try to slim down even more!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow celia, you sure have an eventful live huh......then better dont contact yr ex then....;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...