Lilypie

Saturday, October 8, 2005

Retail Therapy

My dad is home at last. My parents seem okay though, at least they are still talking to each other. I have not told my parents about my latest job status so it is going to be a problem trying to avoid my dad during office hours since he will normally be home whenever he is in town. I hope this time he can stay until after my birthday at least before going off again.

Since I had quite some time to kill after my interview was cancelled today, I went on a shopping spree. I finally went shopping after half a year! I cannot profess that I am a shopaholic like some girls I know, but I will go on a shopping spree twice a year - mid-year during the Great Singapore Sale (when all the summer fashions will be out), and the end of the year during the Christmas Sale (when all the winter fashions will be out). Retail therapy is always great when one is feeling down or lonely or bored or simply to kill time.

I went to MANGO and saw the new winter fashions that just arrived. The pea coat is so perfect looking! The fake fur-lined jacket is a nicer-looking one than the one I bought last year. And the trench coat is just the perfect length! What a pity I already bought winter wear and it does not make sense to buy more winter wear since it is never going to snow here.

I bought two pairs of pants from SENSE, and had to send them for alteration since the legs are too long for me. And I had to buy one size bigger - from S to M! *Sob Sob* Next stop was Giordano, where I bought a yellow Winnie-The-Pooh T-shirt, a white crewneck T-shirt and a pink track suit (sweat pants with a matching jacket). Apparently, my tops have also increased by one size - from a XS to a S. Do humans automatically get bigger when they age? I always thought it is the other way round.

But the best thing was that I managed to get all the items on sale, plus a further VIP discount for members! No wonder some people are shopaholics - the sense of satisfaction one gets from being able to get what you want is really irreplaceable and indescribable!

7 comments:

Goy said...

Haha...Confessions of a Shopaholic!

Yea, retail therapy works alright. It just gets you into that seat of power when u know that you have the power to spend and buy the things you want to buy.

Ole' Wolvie said...

You're an 'S'?

Omigosh.. that's tiny...

shakespeareheroine said...

Goy : true, I do have a sense of power after buying what I want.

Ole Wolvie : Not as tiny as before already. You know Sonic's size? I'm about 3/4 his size.

Ole' Wolvie said...

Which is not saying much coz Sonic is like 3/4 my size...

shakespeareheroine said...

erh..ok, so in estimation I'm prob around half ur size then... Not saying u r big sized either....

Ole' Wolvie said...

Tee hee...

By that logic, If I am not 'big sized' and you're 1/2 my size...

Then you must be small :P

shakespeareheroine said...

Erhh... well can't comment unless I see you in person. *lol*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...