Lilypie

Saturday, October 1, 2005

Significance Of October .....

October. A month that holds lots of events and memories for me. First of October - Children's Day. A celebration for all the kids (and kids at mind and heart) around the island. The kids must be cursing and swearing that the day happened to be on a Saturday, since they already get a day off school anyway. Hopefully the kids can get Monday off as well as a form of make up.

October was the month I started with my first guy (the first week). October was also the month I started with my second guy (the last week). October was the month I accepted an engagement proposal. October was the month which could have been my wedding. October was the month I first watched a R(A) movie in the cinema. And October was the month I was born. (The R(A) show was on the day I turned 21!)

October was also the month my cousin succumbed to leukaemia. October was the month of school examinations (I never got to celebrate my birthday properly as a result). October was the month when the results of the examinations were announced, keeping kids on their toes in cold sweat, wondering if they made the grade.

This year's October saw me just losing a job and hopefully finding another job real fast. Next year's October (and probably the next few years after that) will see me mugging away for course examinations. And ideally, my perfect wedding date will be 20.10.2010 at 2010 hours (provided I can find someone willing to marry me by then). Significant, right? The 2010 also has another big significant which I shall keep a secret for now. So if all goes well, 2010 will be the hour, day and year I get married and celebrate another special day at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...