Lilypie

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

2005 : Year Of The Family?

This year seems to be the year of Cupid and the Stork. Just when so many people are hooking up and getting hitched, just as many are having babies. Maybe there really is some stardust in the air scattering all the love and family messages around. The government will be so pleased at its efforts at spreading family cheer.

It is a wonderful thing, isn't it, to be able to find the right person you want to spend the rest of your life with, doing things together, having children, raising a younger generation, growing old together. Contrary to what my friends think, I am the type who likes to settle down early. I always believe if you settle down early, you can be a good friend and mentor to your children and able to keep up with them. There is a big difference being parents in your twenties as compared to your thirties. The mentality and energy is just not the same anymore.

Now as I witness my biological clock ticking away as I get nearer to the Big 3-O, I worry I will never be able to fulfil the wish of being a good wife and mother to my family. It is already so hard trying to find the right person nowadays, let alone get guys to propose to you. I seriously wonder how some of my friends get their guys to propose to them at such an early age.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...