Lilypie

Thursday, June 9, 2005

How To Get Over A Broken Heart (A Girl's Point of View)

Some of my friends and readers have asked me how I coped with a broken relationship. I must confess that I do not have that much experience in this area as compared to some of my friends who have broken up 5 times or so. But here are a few things which I find really useful if you are mourning a failed relationship.

Disclaimer : This is what a typical girl would do. As for how guys cope with a broken heart, I am sorry to say I really have no idea. Perhaps one of you can contribute and share your experiences?

1. Cry your heart out.
2. Meet up with girlfriends and whine.
3. Retail therapy (especially during GSS! Actually any other type of sale period would do as well)
4. Binge on chocolate buffets / all-you-can-eat buffets.
5. Go for a long holiday (only if you have a lot of leave to clear and lots of cash at your disposal)
6. Bury yourself in work.
7. Go drinking and clubbing with friends and get p***ed drunk.
8. Movie marathon (can be done at home if you have a humongous collection of VCDs / DVDs or at movie theatres if you have the time or money to spare)
9. Let friends introduce you around and get a new partner (this worked for me after the death of my second relationship)
10. KTV Marathon (only if you are a seasoned singer or you may risk losing your voice)
11. Go for chalet stays with friends and try to have fun.
12. Bang away at the arcade.
13. Take up more courses, eg fitness classes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...