Lilypie

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Weekend Chalet Stay

My Lyric Opera group is always organising gatherings for its chorus members. Just last month, I opened my house for a DVD viewing of "Street Scene" and a pot luck party. This time round, I organised a chalet. Well, it was not really organised by me considering that it was originally my friend's idea. He just used my NTUC card to book a discounted package. Since he was away on a business trip last week, I helped to finalise the weekend chalet plans.

Some of us moved in on Friday night. We stayed up playing card games, Taboo and giving each other quizzes on how to solve murders. Saturday was more free and easy, except for the barbecue at night. Those friends who stayed over on Friday had to leave on Saturday so we went for lunch at McDonald's at White Sands. Then a girl friend and I went to buy marshmallows and seeing that we had time to kill, decided to walk all the way back to Costa Sands (Pasir Ris). It took one and a half hours to walk back, especially since we made a wrong turn and had to walk all the way back to the opposing side. It was good exercise, except that my calves started aching today.

More people came and stay on Saturday. These included my friend whom I mentioned above, with his new-found girlfriend, as well as my good friend Sonic, who generously brought large German sausages for the barbecue. A few others came for the barbecue, including our artistic director, Sonic's flatmate and the coordinator of the Mountbatten Community Choir, whom we have recently been merged to provide guidance and supporting voices. All in all, it was an enjoyable night.

We had to check out this morning at 10:30am. As a result, we quickly finished whatever leftover food we have, threw away some and the rest were distributed evenly to be kept by each of us. It was really an enjoyable weekend and I never had this much fun going for a chalet stay before.

On a sidetrack, there are also some good news - one of my fellow chorus members asked me to be the pianist for his church choir. Although it is very far from my place (Boon Lay), but the good thing is that I can finally serve in church. He had also agreed to be my sponsor for my baptism and has said that the entire church choir can sing for me when I get baptised. I can finally serve God in a better way!

Oh yes, Sonic will be participating in a Scrabble tournament in Bangkok this week. Let's wish him all the best and have fun! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...