Lilypie

Friday, June 24, 2005

Bon Voyage, Godbrother!

I finally met up with my godbrother last night. I cannot believe we have known each other for 15 years! What a pity he is leaving again, back to the US. He secured a job as an investment banker in New York, so he will be gone for 2 years, and may not come back after that. Apparently, he majored in Finance too besides Engineering. He is the type of guy people love to hate, those really super-achieving types who is good in everything he does.

Throughout secondary and junior college, he had been actively involved in those green nature societies to preserve the Earth, all these while writing songs, poems, being head of an a capella group, President of the Student's Council, and studying for a NAFA Diploma in Chinese Music, while still able to be a straight-A student at the same time. Even when he was studying in one of the Ivy League colleges, he set up a Chinese a capella group as well as his own business to generate income for himself.

I seriously wonder how in the world people can achieve so many things. He reminds me of my friend Sonic - blogger, writer, dancer, Scrabble champion, board-game champion, singer, etc, another super high-achieving type who can juggle so many things at one time and being good in everything he does. I really wish I can be just a fraction as good.

Bon Voyage brother! Hope you will be successful and may you settle down soon! Do not forget about me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...