Lilypie

Monday, June 6, 2005

Death of a PC

My home PC had been on its last tenterhooks for ages. Yesterday it finally died. My too-smart-for-his-own-good little brother uninstalled the pop-up blockers, so as a result, my PC got killed by the Trojan virus and Bagle Worm. The resident PC doctor (yours truly) tried to salvage the situation but to no avail.

I upgraded Norton Anti-Virus, Spybot and downloaded AVG Virus Clean so as to give my PC a major spring cleaning. I spent 4 hours on Saturday night giving my PC a thorough cleansing. Firstly, I performed a system scan using AVG, then drove away all Spyware using Spybot, and finally performed another thorough system scan using Norton. When there were no more virus to be found, I thought that my PC was saved! However, when I restarted, the same problem happened and I had to go through the entire cleansing process again. This time round, the viruses seemed to have multiplied. Nasty things! I performed a Norton Quarantine, but the message said "The infected files could not be deleted. You computer still have viruses." WHAT THE ****?? There goes all my documents, photos and email contacts. My entire email list of the Singapore Lyric Opera has gone down the drain.

So that's it. My PC had just signed its own death warrant. I am twisting my dad's arm to let us upgrade to Windows XP. Or, to quote from a friend of mine, Mr Gates is very smart to name his new OS XP, with "his eyes closed and sticking out his tongue at us". xp

2 comments:

Shaunzy said...

Ouch, honey. These viral encounters can really screw up your weekend. Though I'm no pro with comps, me thinks it's about time to upgrade to XP. Time to format everything and hope it clears away the prob. If you need any software or assistance, give me a holler, yeah?

Good Luck, sweetie!

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks sweetums! You are the best!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...