Lilypie

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Resistentialism

I am so glad I read my friend's May 16 article on Resistentialism as it seems that the same thing is happening to me right now. My PC is being cranky again, after just being sent for surgery last week.

Here I am, just back from my voice lessons, having a meal of Cup Noodles, and checking through my mails for any updates on the chalet gathering I am planning this weekend, when suddenly, I could not open the window at all. As if that is not all, the windows all started opening by themselves. It is as if someone put a hex on my PC. The strange thing is that everything else is working perfectly. My Firefox browser is in perfect working condition. It seems like my PC had decided not to accept any email programs.

I am using Thunderbird, courtesy of Firefox. It is not as good. I still prefer Eudora over anything else, but I was not able to install Eudora at all this time round. I tried installing IncrediMail but the same problem occured. Finally Thunderbird was the only email program I was able to install. Now that it is giving way as well, I wonder which other email program I can use?

I thought machines are supposed to help us, but it seems that so often, I engage in a battle over man and machine. Just like last week when I was giving my PC a major overhaul, everytime I tried disinfecting it and getting rid of all the Spyware, others multiplied. These little occurrences are enough to make you throw up your hands in despair.

As if that is not all, my display clock is also bonkers right now. It is forever showing the date on September 6 2002 with the time now being 1:03 am, despite the fact that I have re-adjusted and saved the settings 5 times.

Ok PC, I am only giving you until the end of the month to get your act together. If you still do not behave, I am carting you away and getting Mr XP in your place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...