Lilypie

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Why Can't We Have 4 Seasons?!

Has any of you feel that the weather here is unbearably hot nowadays? So hot that my head is throbbing all the time. Besides the fact that I feel so light-headed lately due to all the yearning of love, I feel so uncomfortable, sticky and moody. The weather's been making a lot of my friends sick at the same time too.

I have no qualms about being born and bred here, except for the weather. I used to ask my parents to migrate to England or America, where I can experience the four seasons. Beautiful and peaceful Springtime, hot, beach-going Summertime, desolute and gloomy Autumn (Fall), and cold, snowy Winter. I used to imagine (actually right now I still do imagine) that I would be staying in a suburban cottage near some woods, and I would pluck fresh fruit and flowers in the Spring, go beach-tanning in Summer, pack up leaves in Autumn and build snowmen and go skiing and sledding in Winter. Needless to say, my favourite season has always been Winter. I think of snowball fights and winter sports, things I have never been able to experience in my life, and always like to. I always dream of a honeymoon around Europe or America or New Zealand in Winter. I can see the sights and experience all the snow at the same time.

Experiencing the seasons was what prompted me to yearn for an overseas education when I was younger. I thought of getting a scholarship and go to either America or England to study. In fact, I did well enough for my SATs to be accepted into the Masters in Liberal Arts program at Harvard University. Otherwise I thought I could go to Oxford and study Law or English. Alas! I sabotaged myself with my own emotions.

Meanwhile, I am going to crank up the airconditioner and experience the cold air gushing around me. Ahhhh, that will be really blissful.

2 comments:

matthew said...

Interesting blog u had...hehe...Today must be a dreamy day for u ehz!Seriously its damn hot and humid here,prefer the weather back in New zealand or elsewhere i guess.Sighz!

shakespeareheroine said...

hey thanks for ur comment! Yes it's really unbearably hot. These are one of those days I really feel like migrating!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...