Lilypie

Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Aunt Agony For Hire

I was talkng to a friend of my godbrother's last night. She was in a confused state over affairs of the heart, and since he was not experienced in this matter, he referred her to me. (Not that I'm that experienced as well.)

What happened was that she just had a big quarrel with her boyfriend and they have not spoken to each other for a few days. She was worried that she might have blown it. On the other hand, a new guy may have entered her life. However, G2 has not indicated interest in her, although he declares he is looking for a mate.

So the question is, if BF calls her, should she take him back? I asked her 3 questions :
1. Can you foresee a future together?
2. Can you stand and tolerate everything of him?
3. Can G2 (if he ever express interest) make you happier?

If she had answered No, No and Yes, then my answer would be to make a clean break and be true to herself. If she had answered Yes, Yes and May Not, then I would advise her to give her relationship another chance. The trouble was that she answered "Don't Know" for all the questions. My godbrother was right – she has a serious problem.

She said that she wants someone with the character of her BF, but the lifestyle and excitement of G2. How nice it would be if both are combined into one person! Yes, how nice that would be, but unfortunately, there is no perfect person around. People will always have faults of their own. And I always think only guys will be so fickle. *Sigh*

My advice in the end? I told her she is the only one who knows best. If she thinks her relationship is worth saving, then nip it in the bud. Otherwise make a clean break and start anew. If she thinks the friendship with G2 is worth pursuing after she decide to break up for good, then go ahead and be better friends, but still keep her options open. But on no account must she use G2 to spite her BF, otherwise she will end up in more complicating situations and do things she may later regret for life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...