Lilypie

Monday, June 27, 2005

A Chance Against The Odds ...

Few years ago when I was in between relationships, my ex-colleague from my teaching days (whom I view as some sort of godmother) tried to match make me with her son, who was already in his late twenties and never had a girlfriend. She as much as said she would not mind me as her daughter-in-law as she thinks I am polite and respectful to my elders, intelligent, accommodating and would not mind staying with the in-laws. I honestly do not think I deserve that much praise. If I am really that good, why would I suffer one heartbreak after another? Although my most recent ex-boyfriend also remarked that the current target of my affections is one lucky guy indeed as he knows too well how much I can love someone and the extremes I will go for the one I love. But it does not matter how much I love a person, isn't it? What matters is whether he feels the same way about me.

I once told this certain somebody that he is a good catch. So why is he still unattached? Is it because he is too choosy? I asked him what type of girl he prefers. He claimed he had no preference on what type of girl he likes. Girls are choosy indeed if they can even overlook someone as great as him. Right now I want to be with him myself. I wonder if I even stand a chance against all the so many female friends he has? What are the odds I can even become that special someone in his life?

3 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

there are many possibilities why a good guy is still unattached:
1) he's not really that good. d-uh!
or
2) he hasn't found the Ideal Girl yet. sure, this contradicts his claim of not having any preference on what type of girl he likes.
or
3) he did find this so-called Ideal Girl, but for some reasons the relationship did not work out and he's still recuperating...very...slowly.
or
4) he just enjoys being a lone wolf.

Anonymous_X said...

oops, what i'm trying to say is that there are a lot of possibilities. you could choose to waste your time in scrutinizing each and every reason or better use the time for figuring out how to convey your feeling to him.

shakespeareheroine said...

There are also many good reasons why good girls can still be unattached. It is probably about the same as why good guys are still unattached - perhaps they never did find the right person. Anyway I am going to tell him soon, after I plan out exactly what to do and what to say.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...