Lilypie

Saturday, June 4, 2005

Melancholy, Sad, Happy, High

Have you ever seen Boat Quay at dusk? I have passed by that place countless times as my office building is just opposite, but it was yesterday when I was taking a long stroll down Boat Quay that I realised how beautiful the place looked. Certain angles came directly out of a landscape painting. Perhaps I was in a melancholy mood, but I wanted to capture all the surreal beauty of the surroundings I was in. Luckily I had my trusty pink digital camera with me so I snapped a few pictures.

Since I had time to kill, I decided to take a long walk down to Zouk where I was supposed to meet my friends. I passed by Boat Quay, went on to Clarke Quay, took a long stroll down the bridge in front of Liang Court, then went down to Robertson Quay. Alas, my body gave way. I am really not that young anymore. Besides, I was wearing my office heels, which made the walk even more taxing. So I hitched a cab in front of Robertson Walk and went down to Zouk.

My friends were having a celebration. Two couples just got registered last December, and another one will be getting registered in two months' time. This news came at the wrong time. Ordinarily I would be the happiest for them, but it just so happened I was so depressed this week that I could not be as happy. I just congratulated them and tried my best to look happy. Luckily the drinks were 1-on-1 so we ordered a lot of drinks. I drank up a glass of Cosmopolitan (which tasted exactly like cough syrup), 2 glasses of Lychee Martinis (delicious!!), 1 glass of red wine, half a glass of Bailey's Irish Cream, and a quarter jug of Screwdriver. I am the type who gets knocked out just after some Hooch or Champagne, and there I was, drinking like a seasoned clubber. Needless to say, I got so drunk that my friends had to literally carry me home.

Well, I have learnt my lesson. Thou shalt not drink more than thy shalt. Although sometimes I wish my threshold for spirits can be higher.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...