Lilypie

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Test of Love??

Bad news! I just received an email from this overseas shipping company that the particular item I ordered for a particular someone's birthday gift could not be shipped here. The nearest Asian country that it can be shipped to is Hong Kong. Thus I spent a while surfing the net looking for other websites that will ship this item here. After sieving through, I only found 2 websites but both stated that the item could not be shipped here. It is now not a matter of how much I am willing to pay, as I am fighting a battle against the bureaucracy of the companies involved.

In the end, I finally settled for a similar item but of a different design from another overseas company that is able to ship here. However, I was not able to pay by card as international orders had to incur extra charges if paid by card. The company only accepts Money Orders or Casher's Checks for international orders. So I am going down to the bank during lunch later to get the cashier's order so that I can send it over to the company and they can proceed to ship the item over. Hope I make it on time for his birthday. I really hope he will like it although it is different from the one he is eyeing.

I wonder if all these little hiccups are a test? Then I wonder if I pass the test? Come to think of it, am I very degrading, or what the Chinese will term "fan jian", doing so much for someone whom I may not even end up with?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...