Lilypie

Tuesday, September 6, 2005

All I Wanna Do Is Dream.....

Why do we have dreams? Are dreams an indication of things to happen? Are they an alternative path to reality? Or are they opposite of real-life events? Or are they things which you think of before you sleep? I have been sleeping so soundly lately that I hardly have any dreams. How I wish I can just dream of something pleasant which may come true!

When you say goodnight, people will always tell you to have “sweet dreams”. How “sweet” are dreams, I wonder? Are dreams “sweet” when you dream of something miraculous, only to have to face the harsh reality of something never to happen? On the other hand, are dreams considered a nightmare when you get so scared of something that may happen, but in reality it is not that bad?

I have friends who did dream of things coming true. For instance, someone told me that he dreamt of something that would happen to his friend, and it did happen to his friend. I dreamt that I would get dumped by my second guy, and it did happen. Which makes me ponder if I have not dreamt of that in the first place, would it still have happened?

There are other types of dreams too, the more “sexual” ones, or what guys term as “wet dreams”. Honestly sometimes I really wonder what goes on in guys’ minds that they will moan in their sleep the whole night long. Is it something to do with a loved one, a fantasy or just normal testosterone overflow while sleeping? But girls do have sexual dreams too, although the “erotica” dreams we have are probably much tamer compared to what guys will have. ;-p

I am not sure if it was just a coincidence, but a few months back when the weather was so erratic, I had a dream that my family went to Alaska (of all places!) to escape the heat. The dream was so intense that I actually woke up feeling cold all over, before I realized my air-conditioner was at full blast and I had somehow kicked away my blanket, leaving me in just my skimpy lingerie night gown pyjamas sleeping attire. The next day, my mum did propose an ice berg tour to Alaska on a cruise ship. Hmmm….. are my dreams starting to come true?

But I did have good dreams coming true. When I dreamt I could pass the interview for law. When I dreamt my second guy would ask me to be his girlfriend. When I dreamt my parents would allow me to go on a trip with my best friend and second guy to Bintan all by ourselves. Now I only hope some of my more recent dreams can come true – when I dreamt of meeting BJY in Korea (too outrageous to come true), and also the dream where that certain someone actually asked me to be his girlfriend (now that is more realistic, but still may not come true, although it will be really great if it does!).

In the meantime, I will continue to dream ….. of world peace, of love, of BYJ and Brad Pitt in the buff, of Legolas, of Christian Bale in his sexy batsuit, and of that particular person whom I can never be with. Let’s dream of pleasant dreams at night while facing the sometimes bleak and mundane reality throughout the day.

2 comments:

blue said...

I do have dreams on the sexual side.well,human beings are afterall humans.we have desires.whether you let your desires control your heart,or your heart control your desires. I'm waiting for the day to be dreaming of Brad pitt ml to me. haha... tgg lor...

shakespeareheroine said...

wa.... I wish I can dream of that too! :-p

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...