Lilypie

Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Long-Distance Relationships....

One of my good friends is having problems with his girlfriend. He is here and she was posted to Sydney two years back. Since then they have been sustaining a long-distance relationship, with him going over every few months, and she coming back here every few months. But for the past two weeks, she has been saying she will like to break up, partly because she has met someone else whom she deems more suitable. My friend is naturally upset, since this is the second time he has been in this situation. His ex-girlfriend whom he had been with for eight years since junior college times dumped him after she came back from a business trip and hooked up with her colleague. They are now married with a kid.

Long-distance relationships are really hard to sustain. My godbrother has friends who broke up because one was studying in America and the other in England. My cousin-in-law broke up with his ex-girlfriend because she went to Australia to study. My third ex-boyfriend broke up with his ex-girlfriend because she is based in New Zealand and he in Singapore. Incidentally she is also already married with a kid, and sent us the photos of her baby. So cute! That is why I always salute those couples who are willing to brave the distance and still survives through. Not many people can do that. But I guess once you can survive a long-distance relationship, nothing can ever break up the couple already.

I finally dreamt again last night. After all these while of peaceful dreamless sleep, I had the most wonderful dream last night! I dreamt that a certain someone came over and accompanied me during this period of time when my parents are away. He was so sensitive, so caring, so nice, everything I hope for in a perfect guy. There were romance and sweet-nothings, and we both became very intimate. (Blushing blushing) We had the most memorable night together! I woke up with a big grin on my face.

Well, it was just a dream, but it was nice while it lasted. I better stop dreaming before I fall too deep again, otherwise I will lose touch with reality and my world will just come crashing down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Celia, well your writing on long distance relationship is pretti interesting ya. As singaporean begins to be more globalise in their nature of job, well such break-ups will happens and increases....trend of things to come.....

Well, not necessary that if they do survive the long distance thing, they will survive right...it all depends on the mindset of the individual that might change in a matter of instances (as men are deceitful by human nature) and how things changes at that point of time.

Well, like some people say: Leave it to FATE lor......;-( and I say, dont take life so seriously or you might be seriously injured ya;-)

Live, Laugh & Love - david

shakespeareheroine said...

I can't help taking life so seriously. It's just in my nature to feel so much and be so emotional. I know it's not good to be so emotional otherwise I'll always end up being very meserable. So many times I tell myself to just let certain things go, but I just can't help it sometimes.

ly said...

"But I guess once you can survive a long-distance relationship, nothing can ever break up the couple already."

We all thought it was a miracle when a friend was finally marrying her boyfriend of 10 years (6 of which were long distance). They broke up less than 2 months after she flew home to prepare for the marriage.

Guess nothing is for sure...

Ole' Wolvie said...

My ex-housemate was in one (or maybe two?) long distance relationships.

He is currently married with the lady, and settled somewhere in Singapore. (Happily or not, I have no idea)

shakespeareheroine said...

Ly : Well, things do happen. but I guess if they can even survive a long-distance relationship it must have been real trying on their part. They probably broke up due to lots of other reasons too. Too bad and what a pity.

Ole Wolvie : If they could survive a long-distance relationship, then most likely they are happily married to each other. Should wish them all the best!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...