Lilypie

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Retro Night!

Enjoying a gourmet feast!

In the mood for a song

Three men and a "little" lady

Group Photo in my driveway
(Not everyone is present though)

Our Artistic Director unwrapping our farewell gift to her

Our Artistic Director scrutinizing her gift

Our Artistic Director showing off the gift
(Recognise the framed photograph?)

The Thorn among the Roses

Line Dancing

Ballroom Dancing

Enjoying a funny story in my sitting room

The CCKers!

The Retro Dancing Queen!

Three ladies of different eras

Cha Cha lessons!

Our Artistic Director in the middle of a very emotional speech

Champagne Toast!

"John Travolta" and Friend?

The Pink Gang

The Orange Gang!

The Retro party at my place was a huge success! Nothing went wrong, everyone had lots of fun and I really enjoyed myself very much indeed! Most of us were able to dress accordingly to the theme. And since some came late and did not eat, I had quite a lot of food left over. Just as well, then I can store the food and eat it as lunch or dinner later on in the day.

This party was also a farewell to our Artistic Director who has left the Lyric Opera and branched out on her own. She wants to continue giving vocal training and choral performances. Perhaps I may just hop over and join her choir!

There were dancing sessions too. Music from the seventies and eighties blasted out from the CD Player which I borrowed from my cousin, and some of us started doing Cha-Cha and ballroom dancing. I partnered with Sonic for one segment, but the music became too fast and I could hardly keep up with him! Hee, sorry! I really have to start my dance classes soon.

We gave our Artistic Director a framed picture of the group photo taken during our recent performance. She actually asked me how to blow up the photo and frame it up as she likes the picture a lot and would like to display it in her new studio. So I offered to just blow up the photo, frame it up and give it to her as her farewell gift.

We ended up with champagne toasting to commemorate this occasion, as it was not really a farewell, but a new beginning for her in her new ventures. Hereforth, I wish her all the best and I really hope to be able to contribute in her new company in whatever way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the success of your Party :-)

addy said...

glad to see you had a good time! :)

shakespeareheroine said...

Anon : Thank you!

Addy : So, can you recognise me? Ahhhahahha! (Sh sh, dun disclose!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...