Lilypie

Monday, September 12, 2005

I Think (Or Do Not), Therefore I Am (Or Am Not)

Is it true that when one spends the whole life doing things without using the brain, he / she will one day realise that he / she is not able to think anymore? How will one feels if one day he / she comes to a realization that the brain has not been utilized? Will it be too difficult and stressful for the person to think then?

What if someone has spent almost thirty years of his / her life taking things for granted, will he / she be able to function if he / she has to suddenly think things through? Is doing things by being too emotionally swayed inversely proportional to how much brain power one needs to get things done? Is it better to let the heart rules the head, or let the head rules the heart? The former will be to do things according to instinct and feelings, the latter according to common sense. But how “common” is common sense anyway? How would one know what to do in a dire situation? What if it is something out of Murphy’s Law, ie anything that goes wrong will go wrong, is it better to go by instinct or go by common sense? Sometimes there is just such a thin line between one’s feelings and one’s senses.

Like a very common question : If my boyfriend and my mum both fall into the sea, who will I save if I am only able to save one? I will save my mum. Why? My heart says that I will only have one mum and I am obligated to her upbringing and responsible for her in her old age. So if I have to choose, I will have to make a painful decision. If my boyfriend is a good chap, he will not blame me for my decision. Now the common sense will be that my boyfriend most likely can swim, and my mum cannot, so of course I will save my mum since he can save himself. But why not have the best solution? Since my boyfriend can swim, he can help save my mum as well, then I do not need to save anyone since I am not a good swimmer. :-D

I was never trained to think since young, only trained to follow. My parents, grandparents, elders, teachers, boyfriends, even my superiors expected me to do things their way. Perhaps that is why right now I still cannot think much and mostly just follow what people do. How I wish I can think for myself what I need to do! It is always a battle of my heart over my head, with the former often superceding the latter. Like when I chose to do Humanities due to passion. The more logical thing would be to do Science or Commerce as there will be better prospects. Like when I chose to be with my ex-boyfriends no matter how miserable I was. The more common sensical thing would be to leave them so as not to have wasted my youth for nothing. Like right now the most logical thing is to give up my pursuit of that certain someone, yet I cannot help still being so involved in his life, showing interest in the things he do and doing so much for him (without him knowing).

How I wish I can just use my brains for once and do things in a practical and logical manner instead of always being so emotionally involved. How I wish the interior of my head can be infinitely superior to the exterior, especially since I do not have anything worthy of mentioning on the outside of my head. Is it not enough that I am already lacking in beauty, I have to be lacking in brains and intelligence too? Is there any special kind of drug to help boost my brain power then?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish I can just use my brains for once and do things in a practical and logical manner instead of always being so emotionally involved. How I wish the interior of my head can be infinitely superior to the outside, especially since I do not have anything worthy of mentioning on the outside of my head. Is it not enough that I am already lacking in beauty, I have to be lacking in brains and intelligence too? Is there any special kind of drug to help boost my brain power then?

Hello celia, huh didn't I tell you that you are surely a pretty and sexy girl physically ya....so be assured of your own plus points. The other part of the equation is from the heart both personality and character wise....and you have it "A Whole Person".

Anyway, we are all made differently ya...some of us use the brains, some the heart....it is sometimes not by choice....that is why "chemistry" comes into place and meeting the right person at the right place, at the right time is important.

Live, Laugh & Love, rgds

shakespeareheroine said...

Thank you! :-)

Ole' Wolvie said...

You might want to try reading Tony Buzan's book about the various intelligences. Pretty interesting read.

shakespeareheroine said...

Tony Buzan? I learnt the mind mapping concept from him and it's still useful to me now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...