Lilypie

Monday, September 5, 2005

Television / Movie Fest!

I had a VCD / DVD Marathon earlier on. It is such a bliss staying home with nothing to do sometimes. Finally I can catch up on all the shows and movies I have been accumulating but have not had the time to watch. I started to indulge in TV and VCD watching to get my mind off the frustrations and worries of the past few days. Thus I turned into a couch potato and started snacking on durian chips and finished up half a box of Ferrero Rochers as well.

First on my list was the Hong Kong serial "Angels of Mission", which I started watching on Friday. It was a twenty-parter. I wanted to stay up the whole night to finish, but by the time it was 5:00am on Sunday morning, my eyes finally closed and I had to finish watching the last four episodes in the afternoon. The show is on the Counter-Terrorist Unit (CTU) of HKSAR Police Force. The main characters are three female police officers who have to deal with terrorists, bomb threats and cope with their own tumultuous love lives at the same time.

Next was "Sleepless in Seattle". I have been wanting to watch this show for ages after I heard the song, and when I realise it is starring Tom Hanks. I first watched this show when my friend taped for me on cable back in 1999 or so, and now that I am watching it again, it still brings tears in my eyes, especially what Tom Hanks said about "You know the feelings are real, as they come just like magic." I love the part especially when they met each other at the top of the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day at the end of the show. Such a tear-jerking moment. This is what love should be - magic. I know too well the feelings just come all of a sudden without warning.

The third show was "Untold Scandal", a Korean period movie on dangerous liaisons. I get to drool at my idol Bae Yong Jun on screen the whole time throughout! Although I still prefer him with the golden streaks in his floppy hair, spectacles and long winter coat in "Winter Sonata". He is just so suave and charming! He still looks better in contemporary gear rather than period costumes. Now I cannot wait for his new movie to start screening in October.

I wanted to watch "Shall We Dance?" as well, starring the ever-suave Richard Gere, but my eyes cannot take it anymore. I need to sleep since my eyes are watering already. My body is probably telling me something. Thus I have to save Richard Gere to tomorrow (hopefully I will not be too shagged from work).

Meanwhile, I will sleep with hopefully nice dreams of my idol Bae Yong Jun. A bout of Brad Pitt, Legolas or Christian Bale in his batsuit will not matter too. :-p Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The world is full of ugly people around. Sometimes no matter how nice you are to people, anyone can just turn around and stab you in the back. I do not mind others not helping me out when I need, or not being grateful and appreciative to how I try to render my services, but when they start to twist my words and actions and accuse me of things which are not my concern, the dormant volcano in me will have a huge eruption."

My comments: well this is not new right, in history, the Son of God got betrayed by his beloved disciples many times but did he say "I Quit" "I am not going to love humans anymore"? No, No, No he even died for their sins....what love is this.....and dear celia, I believe you and I are called into this earth to be "Jesus" to these needy ones ya....for "you are the only Jesus that eyes would ever see"....fr david

Ole' Wolvie said...

Mention that 'Yong sama' and you get Korean google ads... o.O

shakespeareheroine said...

David : Don't compare me with Jesus, cos he's of a higher being than anyone of us. We are sinners but he was here to save us sinners.

Ole Wolvie : Korean ads? Where? I don't see a thing! :-D

Anonymous said...

HI Celia, not to compare but we are asked to be like jesus to others ya....and that is the biblical truth that is sounding throughout the century for christian on earth to make a difference by being "jesus" to the poor and needy of the world...in disaster infested countries......etc....what a difference jesus makes in our life, and thus we should also GO (John 3:16) and make a difference in other people lifes too so that they will see "Jesus" in us...live,laugh and love your life away.......fr guardian angel;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...