Lilypie

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Frustrations From A Pest

Why do some guys just cannot get the message?! How many times does he have to face rejection before he can finally leave me alone?! As if I am not already drained this week, with my grandma in hospital (although the surgery was a success and she is well on her way to recovery so should be able to be discharged by this week), helping a couple of friends with their problems, rushing five urgent cases out within two days, with clients calling me up and screaming at me for things that are not within my control, and now with my mum sick as well, I do not have the extra energy to deal with pests.

Does he not get the message even after several rejections? Does he not get the hint even after I start ignoring all his messages and calls? When he called me two weekends ago, my mum just came back so I wanted to have dinner with her. When he called me last weekend, I had my party and was attending a wedding. When he called me this week, I had to go to the hospital to see my grandma. He asked if I am always so busy, how do I find the time for a relationship?

I have always been so busy, whether in a relationship or not. My life revolves around a lot of things and a lot of people, not just myself or the person I am with. If he cannot even accept that, he can forget about being my friend altogether. He said he just upgraded to a BMW for my sake so why do I still not give him a chance? Whoever gave him the impression that I will go for someone in a flashy car? He said he will give me a supplementary credit card and even buy me a place of my own. Is he trying to find a girlfriend or a mistress (not that he is married in the first place)?

I said money does not move me. It does not matter how rich he is or how he can give me a luxurious life, but as long as we do not get along, it is no point even starting a relationship. For two people to consider starting a relationship in the first place, there must be compatibility, communication, compromise and at least one common interest. This guy and I are just so totally different. We are as different as night and day.

In the first place, we already cannot communicate as he is more Mandarin-speaking, and has to struggle with trying to understand what I say, even if I speak in simple sentences. I am not about to go down to the level where I have to speak Singlish and Hokkien to get people’s attention. In the second place, he hates all kinds of arts, and I am into all these. In the third place, he is another anti-religious person – kept asking why do I have to go to church and for bible classes? In the fourth place, he keeps trying to control what I do, ie why do I spend so much time with my friends and family but does not want to meet him, why must I go for further studies, why do I not accept it or give the exact address whenever he offers to come and pick me up from my home or office, etc. He is not even my boyfriend, what makes him think he has the right to interfere with my life?! Even my ex-boyfriends never controlled me to this extent!

It is not that I do not want to give him a chance. Initially I thought of giving him a chance, but he did not want to start as mere friends, he wanted me to jump right into a relationship. How can you be in a relationship with someone you only met once? So what if he is established and rich if he cannot even be polite enough to respect my privacy and my life? And anyone who complains that I spend too much time with my family and friends (especially during trying times when I have to be there for them) will be out of my life immediately. What sort of person is that who cannot even allow a friend, let alone a girlfriend or potential mate, to spend time helping friends and family members?

He said he does not care even if we are different. Love crosses all boundaries. He will change if I do not like certain aspects, but that is just what I do not want from him. It is alright people changing on their own accord to suit another person, but to have to ask someone where to change in the first place, it shows that he does not even know how incompatible we are. I do not consider this as love but possession and desperation. If one really loves another person, he will not force the other person to love him back.

Finally he asked whether I have someone in mind. So I said will he give up if I have? And he said he will stop calling me only if I am attached and I can bring my boyfriend out to meet him. Hmmmm…. maybe I have to see if I can get any of my close guy friends to pose as my boyfriend. Then perhaps he may finally stop bugging me once and for all. On second thoughts, better not ask anyone, as I do not want to get any of my friends into any complicated situations.

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Welp, I kinda wish I have at least 50% of his drive though.

shakespeareheroine said...

What drive are you talking about? Drive to irritate the hell out of people? :-D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...