Lilypie

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Asking For Trouble?

At times I think I am deliberately courting trouble for myself. I messaged my second ex telling him that I have already pawned the ring he gave me so I would not be able to give it back to him. I added that if it is something for his girlfriend’s birthday, would it not be better to buy her something even nicer?

He said that he absolutely must have it back, as his girlfriend was the one that made the strange request, ie on her birthday this year, she wants a ring, not just any ordinary ring, but THE engagement ring he gave me. What type of girl will make such a peculiar request? He said he must give her what she wants, otherwise she will throw a tantrum and he will not know how to calm her down. Why does this sound so familiar?

I guess the tables have turned. I used to have to go through lots of trouble for him just to get him what he liked, so that he would not throw a tantrum. Now he has to do the same thing. Perhaps this is retribution? But come to think of it, he never went through any lengths for me, and now he is doing absolutely everything in his power to make his current girlfriend happy. Food for thought here.

Just for that, I am definitely not surrendering the ring. He can go beg, kill, murder and get himself peeled for all I care. But what if his girlfriend calls me up and insists on me handing it over? All the more I shall not! She can take me to court for all I care! Why have I suddenly become so petty, selfish, bitter and bitchy? It is so uncharacteristic of me! Which is why I say I deliberately court trouble for myself.

5 comments:

sen said...

You are doing a right thing girl. What can he do if you already pawned the ring..?

This is an advice I got from my ex colleague. Sometimes some people hurt you, and you don't want to go all the trouble just to get back to that person. But if opportunity presents itself, just do whatever you like. For me, I'll definitely get back on the person. For your case, it is up to you.

Wat I see is the opportunity has opened its door to you. Nothing is wrong on getting back to the person so long you don't feel guilty after that (Why must you since you have done nothing wrong? =) )

Anonymous_X said...

sh: Still--with the risk of getting ignored by you. Relax, I've got the hint--I'd say that you should have just told him the truth: you're keeping the ring to remind you about your worst mistake.

Saying that you pawned it & hinting that it's not the case, publicly in your blog will just bring you more troubles.

shakespeareheroine said...

Sen : Erh... I haven't really pawned the ring, you know...

Anon_X : He doesn't know I have a blog. But you are right, I shouldn't have done that, makes me feel bad an lousy about myself.

asen said...

I know :P

Anonymous said...

Celia, you are after all very human ya....and again a sweet and pleasant girl just awaiting god's timing for the right one to come to your arms;-) so live, laugh and love.....throughout your life

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...