Lilypie

Monday, September 19, 2005

Who Is This Girl?

Sonic just gave me an inspiration for this post. It is like a summary of essentially what is moi in a post. Actually I wanted to write something like this for my 300th entry few days back, but could not do it in a proper skeletal structure, so shelved the idea for a while. Although if my readers have been keeping up, I believe they will have already more or less known what and who I am. But anyway here goes.....

I am the girl who believes that God will help her through, who thinks the difficulties and upheavals in life are God's way of making her a stronger and better person.

I am the girl whom God has blessed so much, but has given so little back, and sometimes still feels God has abandoned her.

I am the girl who forgives but never forgets, and once you hurt her so badly, the trust is broken and can never again be retrieved.

I am the girl who cannot let go of the past, who tries to bury all her hurt and pain in her heart, but often leashes it all out when her memories get triggered.

I am the girl who dreams of living in an utopian society, thinking the world must be perfect and everybody in it to be nice and helpful, caring and loving.

I am the girl whose thinking is not of this world, who lives in her dreams, and needs some help being pulled back onto the harsh reality of Earth.

I am the girl who often lets her heart overrules her head, because she has nothing whatsoever to speak of inside her head.

I am the girl who sticks to what she believes in, and who she wants, and what she likes to do, no matter what everybody else is doing or saying.

I am the girl who takes her time to fall in love, but once she does, she will do everything within her power to keep her love.

I am the girl who has suffered numerous heart breaks, but still yearning for the one true love.

I am the girl who never wants to be involved in a love triangle, but finds herself unwittingly involved in one, not accepting the one who loves her and not getting the one she loves.

I am the girl who tries her best to help whoever in need, often without recognition, but as long as you are happy, that is all that matters.

I am the girl who will go all out and fall out with you once she thinks you have insulted her family and friends.

I am the girl who goes all out for her friends and do not mind doing more as long as her friends are happy and comfortable.

I am the girl who cries too much, who promises herself never ever to cry over another guy, but yet will cry over the one she loves the most.

I am the girl who takes things too hard, causing herself misery, and is now in the process of learning how to let things go.

I am the girl who can get along well with your parents, the helpful and chatty one, the respectful one, the one who will go grocery shopping with them, yet the one parents blame if things fail.

I am the girl who can spend a fortune making herself look good, but will spend a bigger fortune making you look good.

I am the girl who lets you copy all her lecture and tutorial notes, who feels genuinely proud if you score better than her, who gives you credit where it is due, but who gets accused of plagiarism on her own ideas.

I am the girl who wants to contribute so much to society, but the society does not need someone like her.

I am the girl who can dish out sound advice for anyone in need, but often needs advice whenever things do not turn well for her.

I am the girl who seems to have a positive outlook on life, but actually has not much confidence in herself and the way she like things to happen.

I am the girl who appears as a high-class and sophisticated yuppie, but is actually just a normal girl who leads a simple life.

I am the girl who is filial and respectful, but actually hopes to do more for her parents.

I am the girl who wishes everyone sweet dreams after her good nights, but yearns to hear only sweet dreams from you, and wishes to really dream of sweet dreams that consist only of you.

I am the girl who wishes to be more mature but at the same time hopes to go back to the childlike innocence of adolescence.

I am the girl who appears to be serious and grown-up, but is actually very childish and spoilt.

I am the girl who enjoys most leading a meaningful life consisting of you, but is often held back by constraints.

I am the girl who wishes the world can be a better place, and gets hurt to see all the suffering and pain around.

I am the girl who must learn how to say 'No', even if she ends up being labelled as selfish and unhelpful.

I am the girl who killed her dreams to fulfil her parents' dreams, but now wants to live her dreams over again.

I am the girl who wants a warm and happy family, who dreads the loneliness of old age, and who wants to grow old with you.

I am the girl who thinks the world of you, and revolves her life around you, only to be so tired and frustrated when you do not respond.

I am the girl who still believes that true love exists, and once there is love, it conquers all.

Yes, I am that girl. So who are you?

And if you know me in person, who do you think I am?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well celia...after reading all those "I am a girl...." conclude that you are one of the normal kind of human race after all keke.....so be of good cheers ya....that you are a normal child of God ;-)

Live, Laugh & Love your life away...david

shakespeareheroine said...

Thank you! Glad to hear u finally say I am a normal person! Hahahha!

Anonymous said...

Keke ya lah, after meeting you and hearing you express your thoughts and heart's desires ....I can "feel" your heart beat too ya....

Well, we are all staying in this crowded and busy world where people cross paths with empty faces...or with a mask...

So let's make a difference in the world by caring and loving people God put in our path along life's journey ya.....

Regards david

Anonymous said...

God loves those who are least normal, since they are more special. how much more obvious could it be?

Anonymous said...

WHY WOMEN CRY
A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

"When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use "whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes

she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

Anonymous said...

Now you know why god made you celia and your eventual purpose and destiny in life ya:)

shakespeareheroine said...

Anon : Nice story!

Mail Order Bride said...

I am the girl who appears as a high-class and sophisticated yuppie, but is actually just a normal girl who leads a simple life.

I am the girl who killed her dreams to fulfil her parents' dreams, but now wants to live her dreams over again.

I am the girl who still believes that true love exists, and once there is love, it conquers all.

I can totally identify with these lines. Surfed in from Tomorrow.sg. Hello there =)

shakespeareheroine said...

Mail Order Bride : THanks for dropping in! Nice to hear from you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...