Lilypie

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Winter Sonata

I am finally done with the "Winter Sonata" marathon, which started at 9:00pm Friday night and just ended about half an hour ago, with an eight hour siesta in between for sleeping, eating and cleaning. This is the third time I watched the series, and I still cry over the show.

BYJ is still the most suave, charming, gentlemanly and sensitive screen persona I have seen. Oh, if he can only look at me that way, I will not mind doing anything for him. The actress Choi Ji Woo is definitely the luckiest girl, able to hold his hand and share kisses together. And the scenery.... it is so beautiful and picturesque, directly out of a landscaped painting. Oh, why did I go to Korea so early? If only we had waited a couple more years, we could have gone to Korea and went along the "Winter Sonata" trail - the actual places where the series was filmed.

And the way she fussed over him when he was unconscious in the hospital. How I wish there is someone for me to take care of, or better still, how I wish I have someone to take care of me day and night when I was in the hospital. True love really exists. Everything she did was for him, and everything he did was for her. If you really love someone, you will want the best for the person, sometimes even to the extent of making a painful decision to leave the person and never return.

I still remember the most touching line in the show, where they were in a church and he said, "Dear God, there is a woman I love deeply. I want to be with her and take care and protect her forever. I want to have children with her and be a good husband and father. I want to be their protector, their hands and legs to warm them up forever. I want to be always there for her, to love her and cherish her. Please let me be with this woman I love so deeply." And he turned to her and asked, "Will you marry me?" Yes, I will definitely marry you........

After watching the show for the first time, I got so into turtleneck sweaters that I made use of the end-of-year sale to buy turtlenecks (both long and short-sleeved) from G2000, Mango, Zara and Iora. I specially chose colours like white, green, mustard and pink, as featured in the show. I also went into the long winter coat phase. I bought a fur-lined jacket (fake fur of course!) from Mango (which incidentally, was the exact same one Monica was wearing in FRIENDS - I got a big shock when I saw the jacket she was wearing, but that proves I have good taste!), a white trench coat from Wanko, and a fur-lined pea coat from This Fashion (a very big bargain - nice and cheap!). Needless to say I have not used any of the coats yet, since I am still waiting for the day I can save up enough to travel to somewhere cold, or else wait for someone willing to sponsor me a trip to somewhere cold. :-D

I also scoured the entire island for the "Polaris" necklace, the necklace which he gave her as a Christmas gift. I finally found it at a jewellery shop at Tiong Bahru Plaza. Although it cost a bomb and set me back a big sum, I was so happy to be able to own the necklace. It is so precious to me that I wear it only for very special occasions.

Meanwhile, I am finally turning in, hopefully with sweet and pleasant dreams of BYJ!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keke it is a show after all....anything the producer wants can happened.....lah

Pls come back to reality the world of love and hate, disasters, dengue fever........so you won't be disappointed.

The only true love is Jesus ya..;-)

Jesus will be with you till the end of time, no one else will and can.....

Okie, sweet dreams and live life to the fullest......

Connie and Rob said...

Sometimes it is wonderful to be able to lose yourself when watching a show or movie. I know I always tell myself that I am NOT going to cry...minutes later I am reaching for a tissue. It is almost therapeutic.

Don't give up on your dreams. Your love just hasn't found you yet.
Connie

Ole' Wolvie said...

This reminded me of the Winter Sonata fever that was raging when I was in Japan, only there the majority of patients are 40-50+ year old ladies...

shakespeareheroine said...

David : Reality is just too depressing. Just leave me to my dreams.

Connie : I agree with you. I cry over a lot of shows too and it is such a peaceful feeling to be able to cry at sad scenes.

Ole Wovie : Yes, I know about the middle-aged ladies going ga-ga over BJY. A pity I did not manage to catch him when he first came here last year (my then-boyfriend did not allow it). :-(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...