Lilypie

Thursday, September 1, 2005

Dog Lovers, United

Imagine what flu can do to you. This illness seems to have knocked all my senses back together. I seem more alert than before, my brain cells are functioning normally again, and my creative juices have been unleashed full scale again. My ideas are flowing like never before.

I have finally moved to a bigger threshold. Excerpts of my entry a week back - the one on my Name post - has been published in Tomorrow.sg! I still cannot believe it when I saw the post there. Thanks so much, Lancerlord, for helping me submit the post! Now my readership has increased by leaps and bounds! And thanks to my readers who have left their own two cents' worth, I get to know that my name is not that bad after all (not that I have ever said it is bad). But when you start hearing names like Yeong Kam Lan, Chow Chee Wai and Goh Fak Yew, well, there is really nothing for me to complain about. I only hope these good people do not grow up with an inferiority complex.

I met a new acquaintance for lunch today. I never know there is another guy so into dogs like me! We spent almost the entire lunch hour discussing our favourite breeds and the maintenance of certain dogs. He was talking about his beloved Schnauzer, and I was talking about my own mixed Shih Tzu Pomeranian. He deduced that my dog had both characteristics, as it will stay on my lap quietly like a Shih Tzu, but will also tend to bark loudly and noisily like a Pom. I told him about my favourite breed - Maltese and Old English Sheepdog.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that this couple who got together because both love dogs, actually organise outings for singles who are dog lovers to help them find a mate while out walking their dogs. Seems like matchmaking efforts have literally gone to the dogs.

Anyway my new friend and I had a very interesting discussion about dogs and their habits. A pity our lunch hour is so short. He said he may give me a call for another lunch appointment again. I am looking forward to it; I want to continue our interesting discussion on the different dog breeds and their habits!

5 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

That reminded me...

My Chemistry teacher in JC was Mrs. Atomic Leow...

Anyhow, I managed to 'translate' a book about keeping miniature daschunds sometime back (most popular pet dogs in Japan). It was interesting information.

shakespeareheroine said...

Translate from English to Japanese or Japanese to English? You still have it, maybe I would like to take a look!

Ole' Wolvie said...

From Japanese to English of course.

I only have the translation script though, the book belongs to my 'BigSis'. I got if from Japan for her.

Tonnes of super duper uber cute miniature daschund pictures inside.

shakespeareheroine said...

Eeee! I want I want! Hee hee!

Ole' Wolvie said...

Eh.. my translation is text only.

Those cute furballs are in the book.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...