Lilypie

Thursday, September 8, 2005

Bitch Attack!

As I have probably mentioned before, this is a very small world, or small country, or small island, however people want to put it. So small until one tends to meet a lot of people just walking along the streets. Meeting people along the streets is no big deal, what annoys me is that the people are those you do not wish to meet, ie enemies crossing paths, and you get put down for meeting them face to face.

I was on my way home yesterday when I saw my second ex-boyfriend. Seeing him again does not trigger off anything now. He was with his girlfriend, the tall, gorgeous, elegant, young, trendy air-stewardess. I took a look at her and realised why I got dumped. There was really no competition. Anyway, I was debating whether to go up and talk to him, when he came over and talked to me first. He flaunted his girlfriend in front of me and kept extoling her virtues. Hmmm, he never showed me off like this before! Am I really such an embarrassment to people?! Come to think of it, I was always the one showing him off, but I always had to stand aside when he bumped into people he knew.

Anyway we were just asking about each others' lives, when I could feel his girlfriend's eyes on me. The next thing I knew, she just butted into our conversation and told me to leave him alone! In the first place, does she know it is very rude to just cut in? In the second place, she insulted me by saying, "Now I know why he does not want you, better go take a look at yourself in the mirror." I was too shocked for words! And he just stood there smiling, not defending anyone! Is he really the person I know?!

My best friend told me that they actually broke up once but he begged to go back together with her because she is very pretty. I can see why now, how can anyone fight with her? And from the way both are like, I can see why they are such a perfect match. Is it true then that no matter how much you have done for a person, it will never matter if you are not pretty? As long as you are pretty it does not matter what type of person you are? You can go and be a bitch and nobody will bat an eyelid? And if you are not pretty, nobody will notice how nice you are to people? Is that why that particular someone never wanted to pay any attention to me? Is that also why no other guys would ever notice me? So is it better to not be so nice then? Life is just so unfair......

10 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Life is never fair, especially if one look at it from the snapshots of time.

I am pretty much in the same boat with you in one aspect of relationships I guess (i.e. being nice not amounting to anything), but I guess since I have my 'eh, so what?' persona (one of many) to fall back on, its not too bad.

That 'pretty' lady is going to get what's coming her way one day though, if she keeps that attitude of hers.

Having said that, Karen Mok is not exactly gorgeous, and if she can get a guy, I don't see why you can't. (Unless it finally boils down to your expectations again, or 'star rating' overcomes even looks.)

shakespeareheroine said...

Erh, I always said my expectations are not that high already. On the other hand, Karen Mok is definitely more gorgeous than me. At times I think it is not hard to find a guy, but hard to find a guy that does not go for how a girl looks like. It's like one cannot even get a guy to talk to her unless she is someone gorgeous.

blue said...

SH,you write confidently.i'm sure one day you can sound and be confident at the same time.that b****,dun let it bring you down. shouldnt be bothered with such rude people.can i ask you a question?do you still like your second ex?

Anonymous said...

Hi there, wow I am really surprised that people can behave in such a manner....its their wrong, not yours so well just ignore them k.

Well, like I told you before, you are pretty and cute, although you do have an intellectual mind and sometime strong character....so the guy who come to you need to be comparable with your personality and character lor....and sure there will be lots of guys like that lah...its all about timing and creating opportunities to the extend of asking the guy frankly....as communications is really important in a relationship ya.

Ya, beauty is impt to a guy when choosing a gal (and I still think that you are above ave in looks and bodily features keke - I know I have observed lah) but then beauty is in the eyes of the beloved but character and chemistry is more imprtant, not without saying that plain simple jane with good love (emotional and physical) techniques can hold a man more than just a beauty with attitude problem.

Well after hearing what you say about your ex. Aint you happy that you are not his girl now hahahas,
"Two men look out of a prison bar, one saw mud, the other saw stars"
so look to the brighter side of things......lah

I dont agree that no guy is going after you....(if you dont mind, then I am one of them mah...but may not be your liking or standard lah hahahas)...so Live, Laugh & Love ya

Anonymous_X said...

And if you are not pretty, nobody will notice how nice you are to people? Is that why that particular someone never wanted to pay any attention to me? Is that also why no other guys would ever notice me?

For the first question: when someone is being nice, it should not be intended so that people will notice him/her.

For the second question: pls refer to your own posting on 04/09/05, the last paragraph. How on earth that person could "really show concern throughout some difficult periods in (your) life" without him paying any attention?! *bemused*

For the third question: Welcome... to the Realm of Delusion. Please dispose your eyes at the trash bin located before the entrance. They're of no use anyway.

Anonymous said...

And yes, it is still better to be nice, willing to do things and love pleasing the guy......that will work fine for us guys right ;-)

Ole' Wolvie said...

You might think that your expectation is not high, but in reality, it might be (especially if one sums it all).

For example some of my basic ones: "A gamer, able to speak at least 2 languages, independent and not clingy, not too religious"

I used to think that these expectations are low. Then, I took a 'profile' test online once, it said that only 15% of guys share my profile, and only 6% of ladies fit my match. Now that is pretty horrible odds. That, and my current status agreed with it :P.

shakespeareheroine said...

Seeking Attention Desperately : I have no more feelings for him now, but he was the one I took the longest to get over, and probably the one I loved the most.

Anon_X : To answer your first question, I never have tbe intention of doing nice things just for people to notice me, although sometimes it's good to have some form of appreciation and recognition. If I want people to notice me, then I wouldn't be continue doing nice things for others with no recognition already.

For your second question - Yes, he noticed me as a friend, but what I was trying to say was it would be beter if he could have noticed me in another way in the past. But that's all over now.

Ole Wolvie : Actually I have met guys who can meet my expectations (considering my previous relationships). Except right now somehow I do not seem to be able to find the same type of people.

ThamPs said...

"Except right now somehow I do not seem to be able to find the same type of people. "

Maybe the same type of people are not the right type of people.

You seem to always be "made use of" by your exes. You have to be more confident of yourself and get what you truly deserve!

Also, I really don't think looks matter. After a while, I grow to despise the pretty faces of people with bad personality but love the less pretty faces of people of good personalities.

Good Luck.

Don't worry too much, love will come. Just not when you expect it i guess... :)

shakespeareheroine said...

Thamps : Thanks for your encouragement!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...