Lilypie

Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Birthday Wishes ....

Time really flies by very fast. Before one knows it, it is almost the end of the year and I will soon be another year older again. The Hungry Ghosts' Festival (according to Chinese tradition) has just passed, and the Mid Autumn's Festival is approaching in another two weeks' time. Time to feast on all the mooncakes and see the little kids playing with lanterns again. After that will be my birthday, then the Winter Solstice (where we can have dumplings), then Christmas and finally New Year just around the corner. The same routine year after year.

This year's events around the later part of the year will be a little different for me. It will be the first time in about ten years (except the brief period in 1996 and 2002) that I am not celebrating my birthday, Christmas and New Year with that special someone in my life. Normally I will spend the special days with my family members, then with the love(s) of my life. But this year I am determined to make these days even more enjoyable even if there is no one by my side to celebrate with.

Do birthday wishes come true? So far my birthday wishes have come true about 70% of the time. If I can only wish for one thing to come true, what shall I wish for? Shall I wish for world peace and to end all wars? Shall I wish for more greenery around and cut down on all the pollution and greenhouse effect? Shall I wish for a less stressful life for everyone? Shall I wish for animals to be better treated? Or shall I just wish for a metrosexual, intellectual, romantic, chivalrous, sensitive new age guy for myself? But the world should always come first before me, so maybe I shall wish for a new hope and better lives for everyone and everything on Earth.

I wonder what my parents will be getting for me this time. Actually I do not want them to get me anything. Getting older is not necessary a good thing to celebrate. Every year my parents will get me a chocolate cake. Last year was the Chocolate Banana cake from Secret Recipe. Hopefully this year they will get me the Sinfully Chocolate or Chocolate Banana cake from Awfully Chocolate! The chocolate cakes there are by far the nicest and richest I have ever tasted!

A birthday is but one day in a year, a reminder that one is another year older again. After reaching a certain age, birthday celebrations are somehow not as exciting as before. Perhaps this year I will just give myself a little treat for getting wiser (I hope!). As to when the exact day it is, I am not telling! :-p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katrina online
PEOPLE GOOGLE their bosses. They Google their dates. They Google their neighbors.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a mortgage loan officer site. It pretty much covers mortgage loan officer related information.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

blue said...

Hey celia,someone ever told me that's spam.
anyway,though i aint sure when is your birthday, but here's wishing you a good year till the next birthday.Hope you can get the man of your life soon.well,i can say that you ain't a bad girl.maybe time not ripe yet.God will arrange a better one to come soon...

Anonymous said...

Yes, agreed with SAD keke....

Celia is actually a pretti, sexy lady ya.....just need to have a right match as she is also intelligent and confidence in nature which can either act for her advantage or other wise.....keke see who the guy is lah.....;-)

Anyway, a year older, a year wiser....thank god for that ya!!!

shakespeareheroine said...

Seeking Attention Desperately & David : Thanks for your greetings!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...