Lilypie

Thursday, September 22, 2005

More Frustrations .....

My friend managed to get special preview tickets for Jackie Chan's latest show "The Myth" and asked me along. Initially I did not want to go as I thought of visiting my grandma then going home early since my mum was not feeling well. But after calling back, my mum said my grandma had already been discharged (Whew!) and she was feeling alright, so asked me not to worry. Thus, I decided to meet my friend for the show after all, partly to relax and forget all my frustrations of the tiring week.

Jackie Chan's latest show is another masterpiece. I wonder how someone already past the age of fifty can still be so versatile and flexible. His motor coordination and skills are really superb! Like a typical Jackie Chan show, there is always humour and jests in the stunts, but this movie also has a good storyline. Even for a non-movie buff like my friend, she also find the movie nice. She said it is one of the nicer movies she has watched.

My friend was commenting how tired and stressed I look. So I was telling her a little of what has been happening these few days. She said if the guy is so rich, why do I not accept him? Why must I accept someone just because he is rich? Is that not being too shallow and materialistic? No doubt he can possibly give me a good life, but how good a life is having nice clothes and jewellery and lots of moolah if my partner and I cannot even agree on things?

That is why I do not understand why some girls want to be mistresses or kept women. Are these ladies not degrading themselves and bringing down their honour and integrity? Honestly, if a woman chose to be a kept one, will she feel good spending the money knowing where it has come from? Will she feel good if the wife happens to find out and the whole thing becomes such a big drama? Will she feel good knowing forever that she had broken up a family? And even if the guy divorces his wife and abandons the children to marry her, what makes her think he will not do the same thing to her next time round?

Just when I thought I have about my fill of tiredness and frustrations, I got another one on my way back from the show just now. My second ex messaged me asking me to give him back the ring, as he wants to get it polished and give his girlfriend for her birthday. A remarkable coincidence that his girlfriend was actually born in the same month as me, and has the same horoscope. Yet somehow I feel we are so different.

I felt so irritated when he asked that of me. She has already taken him, plus all my favourite books, soft toys and CDs which I left at his place, now she wants to take my engagement ring as well?! I was trying to get rid of the ring, but just because he requested for the ring back I have changed my mind. Maybe I will wear it on my finger again just to show off. Anything except to give it back to him just to give to her. (Ok, I am being very selfish, petty and bitchy here, so sue me.)

On the other hand, how much does he really love and treasure her if he can ask his ex-girlfriend to give him back something meaningful he gave her so as to give his current girlfriend the same thing as a meaningful gift? Or maybe she was the one who asked for it? But since I do not want the ring anymore, shall I just accede to his request and give it back to him then? Or shall I just sell it back to him? Or shall I even surrender the ring in the first place? Why am I being so difficult here? I can just give him back the ring and save trouble, yet why am I courting trouble by refusing to give it to him? I really cannot understand myself sometimes.

And when I got home, I found computer trouble, or rather monitor trouble. For the past few days, my monitor screen has been some sort of trapezium shape and shifted to one side. My dad started screaming at me to fix the problem, yet none of my family members want to admit they have somehow touched the monitor accidentally. If I do not even know where the problem lies, how am I expected to fix it? I tried to maneuver the buttons of my monitor, only to make the screen worse. Looks like it is time for a new monitor, which my father said not necessary since the monitor probably just needed some fixing and asked me to figure out what was wrong. I do not hold a doctorate in computer science for goodness sake!

It is always like this - everytime whenever the PC has a problem, I am expected to fix it, and my parents will not take "I do not know what the problem is so I am not able to fix it" for an answer. When there are times when I did manage to rectify the problem, they did not want to believe me on what caused the problem in the first place. Then why bother asking me to fix in the first place?! I tried my best to do something only to be screamed at for being incompetent. Sometimes why do I even bother?

6 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Tit for tat.

Tell him, he want this thing back, you also want all your things back. This guy is freaking shameless...

As for people willing to be mistresses, all I can say is: different people, different strokes. You do not understand them, they also don't understand you.

Now.. I really got to go watch that show... Jackie's still one of my fave Actors.

Anonymous said...

i say keep the ring! tht guy is a real cheapo man, imagine asking things back from u!
Just tell him that u lost it or whatever & keep it for yourself!

Burninator said...

I don't think you might be able to get your things back even if you give back the ring.

Anonymous's right about the cheapo part. I will not take back anything I gave out before, and give it to someone again. Not even a bloody CD.

I say keep the ring, or just sell it. Take any extra $$ make yourself happy.

sen said...

for the ring: Don't ever return it. It will give him impression that he can take back watever he gave you. So cheapo. I remember this guy asked you to treat a lot in the past didn't he? DONT return it. Say you throw it or lost it. You can keep the ring or sell it...

For you monitor: You should tell your dad that you are not a technician.. Even getting a technician to fix the monitor will cost more than buying a new one...

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie : I seriously don't think he (or especially his gf) will give any of my things back. And you should go watch the show, one of Jackie's better ones.

Anon and Burninator : Thanks, I will keep it for now, and then see if anyone is willing to buy from me.

Sen : Still trying to convince my dad to buy a new monitor. Hopefully can get through him soon.

ThamPs said...

yes, tell him you lost it or something! what nerve!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...